On the way to debt free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the way to debt free!

Just knocked out two small debts today that now it’s time to double up on the car payment and knock I out hopefully we will be debt free in less than 18 months. Feels good not owing anyone.

It’ll be hard to stay debt free but with a goal to save for a house that will make it easier.

But dang I want a new boat!

Awesome. Keep it up.
    I've been credit card free for a few years now. Have 1 car payment that I should have knocked out in the next 6 months, then we will just be down to the mortgage

Comment

Luckily we have been very good with credit cards and never built a balance up. We charge everything and pay it monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        Luckily we have been very good with credit cards and never built a balance up. We charge everything and pay it monthly.
        That's definitely better than carrying a balance, but at that point, why not just pay cash? Use your debit card.

Comment

congrats!!

get a boat, but buy a used one....when you can pay cash

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
            That's definitely better than carrying a balance, but at that point, why not just pay cash? Use your debit card.
            We use the points system to our advantage, points for purchases, get cash back, airline miles, use points for hotels etc. We dont carry a balance on ours, but use it for everyday expenses and pay it monthly, it will really open your eyes to where your money goes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
              If you can stay on top of it the rewards from some CC make it worth it.
              I haven’t been able to stay on top of it as much as I would like but I have a 6 month plan that will hopefully work and start hitting hard into the cars to.

OP good luck and congrats on the progress!

Comment

Good job! We're working on it too!

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                  We use the points system to our advantage, points for purchases, get cash back, airline miles, use points for hotels etc. We dont carry a balance on ours, but use it for everyday expenses and pay it monthly, it will really open your eyes to where your money goes as well.
                  This. The right credit card can be a nice little tool if used correctly and paid off in full every month. Congrats to Blackfin as well.

Comment

#winning
                    Kongrats.....we love it!!![emoji2956]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great start.

Get rid of the debt, minimize the monthly bleeding on all the b.s. See what you can do on cable bills, internet, cell phones, insurance costs, utilities, eating out etc. Get the house and be extremely aggressive paying it off.

That's when the really good feeling of being debt free comes in, once the house is paid off.

Comment

That’s awesome and congrats.

Comment

Yeah man! Keep it up! Nothing like getting that monkey off your back.
                          Good luck with the home plans.

Comment

Thanks guys! It’s definitely hard we are both 27 and want to live life while we are young and save for the future, pay every thing off, and travel ect but dang man it’s hard.

Comment

I racked up a CC with things for my newborn, hopefully I can pay it off within the next few months. Then all I would have is 1 vehicle payment and mortgage.

Comment

Working...
                              X