My experience with Coonhoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience with Coonhoods

I decided to give these things a try. I bought two of them, and they were promptly delivered to me. I just decided to put them on some old 55 gallon feeders I had and see how well they really worked. First off, they are in two pieces when shipped but easily put together. Then all I did was attach the coonhoods to be barrels with self tapping screws, and I was done. I checked my cameras this past weekend. Both my feeders were empty. I was very pleased to see that I had 6,500 pics at one feeder, and 9,999 at the other (that's all the pics a 16g card will hold.) What I didn't see was a single coon eating any of the protein from the feeder! Every pic was deer only. I also realized my feeders were a little too tall, but that has now been corrected. My only regret at this point is I didn't put the coonhoods on bigger feeders. Without a doubt having them on your protein feeders will pay for themselves in feed savings. These things are worth it. I don't have to worry about coons eating all night long because they can't touch it.
    I will post a few random pics. Even though I had them a bit too tall the deer still managed to get to it.

In the first pic, you can clearly see the deer trying to console a deeply depressed, and hungry coon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you have some good bucks growing nicely...NOW that they get to get the protein
    Have not heard anything bad about the Coonhoods. .

Comment

I did the same thing. I have 6 protein feeders out but only one with a serious coon problem. I would fill the feeder and in two weeks coons would have all the protein on the ground. Got me some Coon Hoods. Problem solved. These things like you said pay for themselves. Highly recommend this product.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is that buck on the left in the 2nd pic missing its tail?

Comment

Genius invention, and Haden is a great dude. Outstanding customer service.

Comment

Heck, I was looking for black & tans and blueticks when I opened this thread.......carry on!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

AC, feeders don't look too tall to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Heck, I was looking for black & tans and blueticks when I opened this thread.......carry on!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lol ain't nuthin better than runnin behind some good coonhounds, and watching them tree some corn bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Is that buck on the left in the 2nd pic missing its tail?

I had to go back and look at more pics. In this 2nd pic the tail is pointing straight at the camera. It's there

Comment

My brain fried as soon as you said 9,999 pics. Aint no way Im wading through all that!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      My brain fried as soon as you said 9,999 pics. Aint no way Im wading through all that!

Lol. I don't look through them all either. I set it up Memorial weekend and it was full by the end of June. I just start at the last pic and look back until I'm bored. That particular spot has lots of deer (mostly bucks) all day and night there.

Comment

Since the deer can reach it, leave it high.

Mine was too low at first and I almost sent the coonhoods back before I realized it. The coons would grab the bottom, pull it down, and let it slam up, shaking out the protein. I raised the feeder about 6” and problem solved. Coonhoods work great.

Comment

Interesting. Hopefully I didn't lower it too much. I had pics of some does that couldn't reach it. I guess I will see next time I check the cameras.

Comment

Guys really appreciate the support! Sorry I have been MIA over the last couple months. Been a crazy summer! Thank you Antlercollector this is a great thread and glad I could help you solve your coon problem!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by COONHOOD View Post
                              Guys really appreciate the support! Sorry I have been MIA over the last couple months. Been a crazy summer! Thank you Antlercollector this is a great thread and glad I could help you solve your coon problem!!!!

Yessir! It's a great product. I don't have to worry about feeding coons anymore, and wasting money. I laughed at the first pic I posted. That coon looks so defeated

Comment

Working...
                              X