Amarillo Peeps - RV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarillo Peeps - RV Question

Long story a little shorter, the family has a 5 day baseball Tourney in Albuquerque, NM on July 16th in which we plan on staying in the hotel with the team. The following Tues we have a tourney in Lubbock in which we are planning to stay in our 30 foot camper. Since in the area, we thought it would be nice to stay at Palo Duro Canyon and see that area on Sunday and Monday before moving into Lubbock. Soooo, what we are looking for is a "safe" place to park the camper in or around Amarillo for 5 days while we are in NM playing baseball. I did reach out to the state park and they didnt offer any assistance with parking but did suggest I google "RV storage" LOL Any locals have any better suggestions for a free or cheap spot to leave one for 5 days that my wife would consider "safe". I left my truck in a walmart parking lot in Kansas for 10 days one time for an elk hunt but my wife is dead against that idea.

Thanks in advance, Chris

I stayed in a nice KOA camp once in Amarillo so you may check them out. Also while there you gotta eat at 575 Pizzeria !!!!!

Comment

I will second the 575 pizza.

Comment

Hahaha. Y’all ain’t helping a fat guy out. But yeah food suggestions are always welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They also have a bread pudding with a warm amaretto sauce !

Comment

Bump for any suggestions on a 5 day parking spot?

Comment

Normally KOA camp grounds are safe. Stack you in there but safe.

Comment

575 is the only reason to go to Amarillo.

Comment

806 Pizza House in plainview is where it's at

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    Normally KOA camp grounds are safe. Stack you in there but safe.

I’ll call them and see what it will cost to leave it there 5 days. We are going to camp at state park. Just need a place to leave it 5 days while we are playing baseball in NM

Comment

There is not a “free” place to leave an RV that will be “safe”. There is an rv camp ground west of Amarillo before you get to Bushland

Comment

KOA it is. They had a cheap option for me. I called several other places along 40 with no luck but they were very nice and hooked me up. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

camper parked and now y’alls darn pizza

Comment

Man I’m jealous! The CLK is where it’s at!

Comment

Working...
                            X