• Show
Clear All

x3 on Home Depot pavers.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      x3 on Home Depot pavers.
      Yep. X4

Comment

lift them up and place a rock under each, worked for me.

I like the soup can idea though.

Comment

We bought the Moultrie feet at Academy for ours and has solved our problem. They are like $12 for a set of 3.

Nice avatar BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            Shove each leg into a dry bag of sack-Crete. It will harden over time and serves to prevent sinking and prevent toppling by hogs.
            This is what I did on one of our feeders we were having trouble with.

Comment

Go to Home Depot and buy some of those 1’ or 2’ pieces of rebar. I use 2’.

Drill hole about 6’ from bottom of leg lateral thru the tubing slightly larger than the rebar piece. Instead rebar piece in leg.

I also buy those shorter garden stakes (like a T post, but much shorter and flimsier). I drive it into the ground at the end of where the leg touches the ground. I then fold it over and tie wire to the leg in two places. This keeps the pigs from knocking it over.
              Last edited by Greenheadless; 07-03-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

we use Tposts cut off to about 3', hammer 18" in the ground and use bailing wire to tie the feeder legs to the Tpost. Works great, keeps the hogs from being able to flip the feeders, keeps the legs from sinking, and even holds up the feeder when the ground washes out around the legs.

Comment

Pavers from Home depot 1.29 each

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    lift them up and place a rock under each, worked for me.

I like the soup can idea though.
                    Not very many flat/big rocks lol. Sand/clay roads

Comment

Looks like I'm going to go with the pavers but still interested in everyone's ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                        Boss Buck

These are the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We tack weld a piece of rebar onto a piece of angle iron to make a Tee. Stick the rebar up into the feeder leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            Go to Home Depot and buy some of those 1’ or 2’ pieces of rebar. I use 2’.

Drill hole about 6" from bottom of leg lateral thru the tubing slightly larger than the rebar piece. Instead rebar piece in leg. weld on both sides
                            This is what I do. Come up 6" from the bottom of the leg. This allows the leg to sink just enough to bite in to the ground, and keep them from pushing it out. I don't even stake them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              lift them up and place a rock under each, worked for me....
                              This is what I do in Throckmorton Co., we gots lotsa big, flat rocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X