Renter eviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renter eviction

My daughter has a house in Bryan that she rents rooms out of, she lives there also.
    Had a renter that had mood swings.
    We served her with a 3 day notice which she ignored.
    My wife went in and told her that she had 10 days or we file, all she got was a so.
    After 10 days I went and told her that we wanted her gone and I got a so.
    Went and filed with the JP . went to court and the renter was a no show but she wrote a letter. About how i had verbably attacked her after I barged in to the house that my daughter owns and lives in.
    The judge said that she had some concerns after reading the letter I knew we were screwed.
    Judge returned possession of the house to my daughter hmmm she owns it.
    She granted the evictoin but the renter has 5 days to appeal the renter also unlocked the windows and garage door.
    Judge didnt appreciate me comparing her to a thief.
    Daughter learned a lesson today, never trust anybody, and be your own back up.
    Sorry about the rant

As a police officer I deal with this issue all the time. Unfortunately the renter has just as much right to the house as the owner once they establish residency. The eviction is going to take a long time if the renter is uncooperative. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if she fight it you are just getting started. Hopefully she will realize it’s a loosing battle and pack up.

Comment

I work in the REO world -foreclosures. Deal with evictions daily. Renters have more occupancy rights than owners. My suggestion is offer her some cash to get out. Have her sign a “cash for keys” to get out. That may suck but will be by far the fastest.

Comment

Same as above. Squatters rights can be frustrating as well. Good luck

Comment

Stories like these are why I won't ever be a landlord. I hope she packs up and makes it easy.

Comment

Your lease agreement is to protect both parties,stick to the lease agreement conditions. If conditions state after 5 days that you file for eviction then do so,you telling her to move holds no water in the eyes of the law. Always have a witness when you are on the property. The eviction process takes approx a month so be prepared to lose at least a months rent.When renting to friends or family decide which one you need the most,the friendship or the money. Ive been there and understand the frustration of having little control and its your property.

Comment

Being a landlord would stress me out.

Comment

I've got a lot of biker friends that could come over for a "party". I bet she leaves after said party...……..just saying...…...

Comment

Pigs gotta eat.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    Pigs gotta eat.

Gary
                    Ha ha ha. This right here

Seriously though, evicting a renter is a tough process in Texas. Buckle up for a wild ride. I’d think long and hard about paying her to leave and save yourself some frustration

Comment

That sucks.

I’m on the opposite end where we just moved out in May and are expecting at least 95% of the deposit back but should get 100%. Left the house in awesome shape as usual but some crappy blinds he had on the back door broke a week in but have no problem paying for them. I’ve called the owner 4 times, sent 5 text, and a email with no response yet.

He has until Sunday to have my check or small claims it is

Comment

It took six months to evict a renter from my mother in laws rent house. They totally destroyed the house and it took about 10k to get it back into shape. Frustrating situation, hope yours goes better than that.

Comment

Losers always seem to have too many rights in this country
                          Just gets worse every year

Comment

It's a hassle Renting. It's a crap shoot getting good tenants that pay on time and don't destroy your place. Also they know they can get away with doing it, that's why they do it. Then have to pay this idiot to leave. I would yell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
                              I work in the REO world -foreclosures. Deal with evictions daily. Renters have more occupancy rights than owners. My suggestion is offer her some cash to get out. Have her sign a “cash for keys” to get out. That may suck but will be by far the fastest.
                              Never thought of this. Good idea, if the situation ever arises.

Comment

Working...
                              X