Best Corn and Protein Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Corn and Protein Mix

Now that we have determine how much feed is dispensed per throw I am looking for a corn and protein mix that is bagged. Something like black eyed peas, split peas, roasted soybeans or some other portion that will feed from a regular spin feeder.

My lease is between Burnett and Llano so I am looking for a feed store that has 50lb bags already mixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

I run soybean and corn mix but I do not expect this to help my heard from a spin cast feeder, purely an attractant. We do cotton seed to provide protein.

Comment

Gold nugget.

Comment

Strutty's feed store on I-10 near Boerne has several different mixes like you are looking for that are in 50 lb. bags. I have talked to them a little bit about them and I plan on putting some of it in my feeder.

Comment

I have a pallet of Buck Ration that is corn and roasted soybeans that I'm about to try. It's made in North Texas though and not sure if you can find it down in your area.

Comment

Buck Ration is a high protein deer feed you can feed in a protein feeder or a timed feeder. Made with corn and roasted soybean mix.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

On the place I hunt,its been used for 5 yrs now and I can tell a big difference in the deer, antler grow is great and over healthy looking deer

Comment

You feeding this free choice?

Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
              http://www.buckration.com/
              THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

On the place I hunt,its been used for 5 yrs now and I can tell a big difference in the deer, antler grow is great and over healthy looking deer

Comment

Speer ag makes exactly what you’re looking for. They have several different blends to choose from in their FEEDERMAX line. Corn/peanuts, corn/protein, corn/roasted soybeans, etc. and a lot of feed stores are carrying them.

We carry a full line of feed for Cattle, Horses, Sheep, Goats, Wildlife, and Pets. We sell bulk Feed and deliver as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                  Speer ag makes exactly what you’re looking for. They have several different blends to choose from in their FEEDERMAX line. Corn/peanuts, corn/protein, corn/roasted soybeans, etc. and a lot of feed stores are carrying them.

https://speerag.com/feed-2/
                  Thanks that is what I am looking for.

Comment

tagging...good info here.

Comment

Working...
                    X