Cedar for DIY'rs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar for DIY'rs

I would really like to see something nice done with this cedar and not fence posts. I wanted to do something myself but I just cannot find the time. I'd hate to see it waste away, too.

I thought about selling or trading for it but I don't know what to ask for it. If you want to make an offer of money, let's hear it. Trades? We like Shiner Bock and Modelo Negra and quality beef. Or even maybe make something small like a stool with it and give it to me. Or other option is to give it away or burn it which may happen if someone doesn't get it soon.

I have several and I can load it all with my tractor. Some are 14-18' long and all have large diameters of 24 inches and more. The shorter pieces do not change in diameter size from end to end and nothing is less than 9' long.

All of it have been stored off the ground, too. Some are still attached by the base of the trunk, but I will cut it for you. Only one of these has any green on it.

I know this next one below looks like it is on the ground but it is not. It had branches keeping it fairly high off the ground until this spring. This is actually my favorite piece. It is 16 or 18 feet long.

just wondering how long they've been cut, or downed? would love to have some wide boards for bee hives.

Comment

Some have been down for 3-4 years, some about a year.

And i LOVE honey!

Comment

Boy I would love to get a few pieces of that and mill it into slabs. It's the 2 1/2-3 hour drive that's the catch for me. Nice wood!

Comment

thanks! I hope someone gets it soon.

Comment

where is it located?

Comment

About 10 miles west of Hearne. Milam County.

Comment

These have been spoken for. If more come down I'll let you know.

Comment

I'm going to bump this back because at the end of the month I will be cutting down several large cedars. If you need some before then I can certainly accommodate that, too. I can cut down and load anything less than 2200 pounds.

Send me a PM to set up a day to come out. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X