Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Blind Build

Getting close to finishing this one up. I had a bunch of plywood that I salvaged. The sheets were 1/2" and were used for hurricane window coverings of a commercial building. The stand is 6'x6'x6'. It will sit on the ground on some paving stones. I am building it for hunting at my sisters house, where she has a few acres in a subdivision. Lots of deer, and they are used to smelling people, so I was not as concerned about keeping it totally sealed up. I have one window on either side of the blind that are strictly for ventilation. The ceiling is radiant barrier osb, so hopefully that keeps down the heat a little. I have the plexi cut for the windows in the front, but I have not cut the holes or installed them. Two coats of paint on the outside, and black on the inside. I have a little over $200 in it, and that was with only buying plywood for the floor and roof. The floor is framed with 2x4's, then skinned with 3/4" osb. Then I ripped 2X4's to frame the walls, and door. This thing is HEAVY. No way 2 guys could move it. Luckily I am going to tip it up and put it on the back of a low boy, then just push it off at her house.
    Attached Files

Looks good.

Comment

Nice work. I really like the pink touch it jazz's it up, not just plain black. The neighborhood deer won't mind.

Comment

Those were pink studs. Will be painted black.

Comment

Working...
        X