Broadheads hitting to the right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads hitting to the right

Ok before you tell me to watch you tube videos or look at the easton tuning guide I have already done this and I'm looking for a little more knowledge.

Now the setup is a bowtech invasion at 74 lbs (maxed) at 28.5 inches.. (Yes I'm the one who started the thread on bareshaft tuning.) Carbon express mayhem 350 shafts cut at 27 inches with 100 grains up front. Did my walk back tune now trying to broadhead tune. Here is where it gets complicated. I have tried three different fixed blade broadheads. The old cabelas three blade Fx 100's, muzzy 100 three blade, and the NAP razorcaps. All three hit about two inches to the right at 20 yards. I have lowered the draw weight on the bow as much as I feel comfortable doing. Im probably at about 62 pounds. I have moved my arrow rest so far the the left its way off center shot. It makes no difference with any of the broadheads. Still hit about two inches to the right of my field tips at about 20 yards. Muzzy's hitting about 4 inches to the right. Have not shot any further.

Any suggestions? What do you think?

It's a tuning issue with your bow, I had the same problem and talked to mudslinger while doing the same thing you did. I had to take my bow to the shop to get a twist added to my yoke. I'd have someone check your timing then try shoot your BH.

Comment

You may want to try 125 grain, I hear that adding weight up front helps with the spine and corrects some FOC issues.

Comment

Your problem is probably in the yokes both top and bottom. You need to take it to the shop you bought it. You don'tove the rest around on this bow, you tune with the cables. Good luck, and if you need to talk to me call me at the shop I'll walk you through it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
          Your problem is probably in the yokes both top and bottom. You need to take it to the shop you bought it. You don'tove the rest around on this bow, you tune with the cables. Good luck, and if you need to talk to me call me at the shop I'll walk you through it. Good luck.
          He's right. Tune with the yokes. Start at the bottom. Put a couple twists in the bottom right yoke to pull the bottom cam back to center the look at the top if that doesn't work

Comment

There is a great write up on how to tune a d350 same cam on archerytalk. It was done by a guy called baldyhunter. Also the is a down load on tuning bows on archerytalk done by nuts and bolts. If you like tuning your self this will get it. It's very hard to find a shop that will do this for you.

Comment

get rid of the muzzy

Comment

I'm still sticking to your arrow spine is week. See if you can buy just a couple mayham 450

Comment

Well I stayed up late last night doing a bunch of research on tuning the invasion. I found a thread on AT where baldyhunter talks about tuning the invasion and after reading all ten pages of the thread I believe my cams are slightly out of time. My cables are almost out of the timing dots in the cams. Also I'm not hitting the draw stops at the same time. A clear indication that its slightly out of time.

My dealer Eddie Sullivan at Sullivans outfitters in bryan usually gets so busy this time of year that he does not have to time to sit and actually tune a bow. He sets them up really well but just doesn't have the time to tune them to a Tee.

And I lack a bowpress that is capable of pressing the invasion so does anyone know of a shop or individual who really know the bowtech binary cam system that has the time and is capable of really tuning the invasion?

Double G how busy are you? I have been by your shop several times on the way to my deer lease. Would you have the time to tune it if I came by? Your about and hour and a half or two hours from the house.

Comment

Aim to the left

Comment

had the same prob. couldnt tune, found out that arrows were undersplined.

Comment

Initially I thought the same thing on my setup up so I cranked the bow way way down and it makes no difference. Consistently two inches to the right with broadheads. I move the arrow rest and the bh's just track the field points. Now I'm way off my center shot and arrow flight is getting erratic even with my field points.

Comment

can you try some arrows with a heavier spline before you buy some others or go some where to get it checked out?

Comment

If you have cranked the bow weight down and moved the rest with no difference in impact, then look at the cam lean.

Comment

If your broad heads group well at 30 yards, you may want to just move your pin and remember how much it moved between FP and BH.

Comment

Working...
                              X