Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is very nice

Comment

Looking great. I really like how the corner window turned out.

Comment

today's progress

When I pulled up today there was a sow and a baby pig under my feeder. I didn't have a gun or bow but decided to see how close I could get. I moved in to withing 15 yards of her. She never ran but moved away from me a little. I messed with her for a while and then went to work. She moved from the feeder and went to the tank. I chunked clods at her for a while but she just wouldn't leave. I went back to work laying stone and noticed something move out of the corner of my eye. She was within about 20 yards and didn't seem too concerned. finally I ran at her and she finally took off. I'm taking a bow with me tomorrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is really impressive and looks terrific. good job

Comment

Lookin awesome bud. Keep the pics of the progress coming.

Comment

Dang nice build, it will definitely be there a long time!

Comment

A little more progress today

This thing is killin me.......
                Attached Files

Comment

Dude, state of the art. although it's in it's infancy, your on the forefront of bow blind technology!! A true Pioneer! When your at the point of over the top, which you are, a couple of ideas to consider. Add a couple of rocks (that create a ledge) inside on each side of the blind to rest a cup of coffee on in the mornings or a beer in the afternoons (one for each person). A rack for your DVD player, hook for a magazine rack, a small ceptic tank line conecting to i.e. 5 gallon bucket buried in the ground (with sand base) for: you know, taking a wizz! another rock ledge for binocs, hooks for hanging a bow, heater with bricks on each side to create a fireplace draft, lights, and first and foremost, don't skimp on the chairs. that's like buying a Mercedes and putting stock wheels on it. "PIMP YOUR BLIND"!! keep the photo's coming.

Comment

Dang good ideas! I'l have to build some rock ledges on the last wall to hold some beverages and binoculars. I've thought about the urinal/septic thing but wondered about the smell.
                    " Pimp your blind" that's classic!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                      Dang good ideas! I'l have to build some rock ledges on the last wall to hold some beverages and binoculars. I've thought about the urinal/septic thing but wondered about the smell.
                      " Pimp your blind" that's classic!
                      If the final wall doesn't fit where you want the ledges just use a plank or two of rough cedar. Do it like a thinner version of a fireplace mantel. The tough thing about a rock ledge is that I would think it could be somewhat tough on optics etc. Could be wrong.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I've got some 2" X 8" cedar left over from another project. I'll see if I can put a few built in shelves in a couple of strategically located places.

Comment

Dang are they shooting back or something? LOL

Comment

Lookn good

Comment

I think I'll call it the alamo. If I would have thought of it earlier, I would have shaped it like the alamo. that would be a one and only deer blind for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X