No announcement yet.

Fishing on the coast??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went down this weekend to POC. After spending most of Saturday cleaning up I made a late afternoon run and found a good topwater bite. Lost a 5-6 pound trout at the net. West Matty is very fresh. Sunday Beach Bayou (new pass) is amazing to see in person. Tons of water moving in and out of there. It should be a great fall. Even saw some big ducks Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about Galveston Bay Area?

Has to be pretty limited in the salt water department?
      Last edited by TXHUNT3R; 09-06-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Ok those are some great pics!

Comment

Forgive me guys I don't know all the names of the areas down there but would anybody know if camping on the beach in Port A by 361 and access road 1-A Is something that is feasible by September 23?

Comment

We took a gamble and ran back from Sunday beach/pass through fish pond and mule slough. It didn't seem to change mule slough too much but we had a good tide. We will see what it looks like come duck season. It'll be a good time to get some new lines on the gps once we get the winter tides

Comment

I need to get down to the Jettis....!

Comment

Wall Hanger - did it change the entrance to Fish Pond? I think it will help lighthouse and the Army hole area out as well. Ned to get down there and slow roll and grab some new tracks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                  We took a gamble and ran back from Sunday beach/pass through fish pond and mule slough. It didn't seem to change mule slough too much but we had a good tide. We will see what it looks like come duck season. It'll be a good time to get some new lines on the gps once we get the winter tides
                  What boat do you run?

I've made that trip one time in a flats cat and puckered up a few times thinking we were going to stick it but we made it through. Never tried it again.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Wall Hanger - did it change the entrance to Fish Pond? I think it will help lighthouse and the Army hole area out as well. Ned to get down there and slow roll and grab some new tracks as well.

No not yet at least. We ran right in the same way we have for years. I'm thinking the trail from fish pond to lighthouse may change some. We didn't have time to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        What boat do you run?

I've made that trip one time in a flats cat and puckered up a few times thinking we were going to stick it but we made it through. Never tried it again.

We were in a 20' aluminum boat with a tunnel. It gets skinny in there and you have some patches of oyster but on a good tide you can run it easy if you know where to go. The skinniest part you run in there (normally) is where the oil field cut dumps into mule slough. Now running it in the winter can be pretty sporting if you are in a prop boat.

Comment

I read some reports of gafftop and reds in the surf at Surfside. Also heard that there are a lot of logs and whole trees washing up on the beach so be careful navigating out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                            What about Galveston Bay Area?

Has to be pretty limited in the salt water department?
                            Anyone been down to fish near Galveston bay? West bay?

Headed there Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              Anyone been down to fish near Galveston bay? West bay?

Headed there Sunday
                              I only had an hour to wade fish West Bay Sunday evening but managed a 18" and 25" trout.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                                I only had an hour to wade fish West Bay Sunday evening but managed a 18" and 25" trout.
                                Good deal, if Trout are there I think we should be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X