Let's hear some firehouse recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hear some firehouse recipes

I'm not talking burgers or spaghetti, but do you cook anything at the station that has been passed on through the years that you might not have seen anywhere else. Here's what we had today

Hot Tegada

Start by making the green sauce

1-2 white onions
    30-40 jalapeños

Cut the stems off the jalapenos and cut the onion in 4ths, boil these until soft and them drain and blend into a sauce

The meat can either be pork or stew meat, chop into roughly 1" cubes, dredge in flour and fry in a little oil

Put the meat, some tomato sauce to cover it and a portion of the green sauce to your taste in a pot and simmer

Serve it on flour tortilla with sour cream, french fries, shredded cheese and a little more green sauce if you can handle it

You can make it as hot or mild as you want by adjusting the amount of jalapenos and green sauce you add back into the meat. I'll just say I felt like I got gassed after tonights variation but it was mighty tasty

Boudin Omelet

2 eggs, beaten
    1 tbs butter
    1/2 link of boudin, with casing removed
    pepper Jack Cheese

Heat butter in skillet and pour in beaten eggs

Flip eggs when done on one side and then place boudin and pepper jack cheese on one half egg.
    When done, fold egg over on boudin and cheese.
    Let stand for a few minutes, to give the cheese time to melt and then serve with Salsa on top

Comment

Omelet for large group

2 doz eggs
      1 stick of butter
      1-12oz pack of cooked bacon and crumbled
      1 12oz pack of sliced ham, cut into 1/2' squares
      1-2 bunches of green onions, chopped
      Sautéed' sliced mushrooms, - optional
      Shreded Colby/Jack cheese
      1/3 cup water or milk

Melt butter in a 2" deep baking pan
      Add the eggs, beaten
      Add bacon, ham, onions and mushrooms, water/milk and mix
      Sprinkle cheese over top and place in 350 degree over for about 25-30 min, until the center is cooked.
      Take out and let rest for 3-5 min and serve

Should feed 15-20 normal people or 10 firemen

Comment

Working...
      X