Golf cart help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart help

Have an 1990 EZ Go Marathon golf cart I use for hunting. I’ve had it since about 1992. It’s a sweet rig; however I am a lot older and I need a smoother ride. You guys know of any way to get a softer ride out of a golf cart? Aside from running low tire pressure. Is there aftermarket suspensions I could use or modify? Any help greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to get an aftermarket suspension. The ultra, most expensive is a "long-travel" suspension. They run $1500 or so. The next best is an "a-arm" suspension. Jake's is a popular brand, as is All-Trax.

Comment

I have a Jake’s long travel suspension and heavy duty rear springs on my hunting cart. It helps a little but we are pushing these carts beyond what they were designed for and they all ride rough on ranch roads.

Comment

Well mad some calls on your recommendations for long travel suspensions and apparently my 1990 cart is too old. Thanks for the help tho.

Comment

A friend of mine put a pair of riding lawnmower seat’s on his They had some type of spring suspension under them.

Comment

Drive slower...

Comment

Tire pressure. Driving on rocks? I would run my knobby tires at 5 to 7 lbs.
              most people run their 4 wheeelers too hard as well. It not a car. 30 lb will beat you to death. 12 lbs is good in dirt, but rocks will throw you out of the cart

Try 7 lbs. not good on pavement though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                Drive slower...
                LMAO thanks amigo

Comment

I have the same problem with my cart....rides like a friggin' buckboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X