No announcement yet.

American Airlines: DO NOT USE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might as well add all the airlines to your list.

Comment

Send this to corporate Hdqrs and send it registered mail with a little threat about the next letter will be from my lawyer and see what that does. They all suck and none of them care!

I would be ****** also!

Comment

I guess I have had fairly good luck with AA. I do fly standby a lot so understand the frustration of canceled flights. With weather, oversold flights, and grounded planes I would not want to work for an airline.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
          You might as well add all the airlines to your list.
          ……….and YES, I fly a lot!
          My wife and I have labeled airlines the GREYHOUND service in the sky. We try to fly only 1st class or Business Class and keep our Club Memberhips current...……...food, showers and lots of drinks!

Comment

One piece of advice. TRIP INSURANCE. No airline will care about how much money you spent on hotel or safari or whatever else you are not able to get a refund.

Living in DFW and avoiding AA is not an option (at least not a practical one).

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              I’ve always had good experiences with them. Sounds like I’m the odd man out
              We don't really have much of a choice out here...

Comment

American Airlines is the worst. My wife and I had 2 very similar situations to yours with them but will not have a 3rd. We will never use them again!
                Terrible. They overbook and then shuffle or cancel they have horrible customer service, planes, and policies.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  One piece of advice. TRIP INSURANCE. No airline will care about how much money you spent on hotel or safari or whatever else you are not able to get a refund.

Living in DFW and avoiding AA is not an option (at least not a practical one).

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                  We don't really have much of a choice out here...
                  We are in the same boat with UNITED in Houston area. Continental personnel and culture did not stand a chance after the buyout.

Comment

flight may have been cancelled due to the plane being a Max 8. I had a flight out of Austin set for the 8th of July. They rebooked me to a much later flight because the Max 8 was still grounded. I canceled and booked on Jet Blue.

Comment

I would say it’s a fact that all airlines suck in some way or another. Best I have used by far is Alaska Airlines but they’re obviously only in certain airports. If I’m not flying where I can use Alaska I’ll try to book united but they have gone down hill.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                        flight may have been cancelled due to the plane being a Max 8. I had a flight out of Austin set for the 8th of July. They rebooked me to a much later flight because the Max 8 was still grounded. I canceled and booked on Jet Blue.
                        If that is the case, they should not have waited until midnight to cancel the flight that was supposed to leave at 6:05. And they should offer some sort of compensation. Surely they would have known what type of plane it was 6 hours before the flight. I understand the cancellation, but not 6 hours before the flight and surely not without some type of compensation. If I cancel my flight 6 hours before the flight, they dont refund me the cost of the flight. Double standard and complete BS.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                          If that is the case, they should not have waited until midnight to cancel the flight that was supposed to leave at 6:05. And they should offer some sort of compensation. Surely they would have known what type of plane it was 6 hours before the flight. I understand the cancellation, but not 6 hours before the flight and surely not without some type of compensation. If I cancel my flight 6 hours before the flight, they dont refund me the cost of the flight. Double standard and complete BS.

Have you ever read what you actually agree to when buying a ticket. Kinda scary, they don't have to do squat, and most times won't.

Comment

It is a necessary evil living in Dallas, but I have status with them and have learned how to work the system pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

We are in the same boat with UNITED in Houston area. Continental personnel and culture did not stand a chance after the buyout.
                              That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                                https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...e&from=footer?
                                Have you ever read what you actually agree to when buying a ticket. Kinda scary, they don't have to do squat, and most times won't.
                                I’ve always had great experience with their customer service. Any time I’m delayed I send an email and get extra points, we were delayed getting to our honeymoon a couple years ago due to a hurricane and they put us up in a nice hotel in Miami and made sure we got out the next morning. If people are rude to customer service they aren’t going to help you, it isn’t their fault the plane had an issue so when your polite then them they seem to be very willing to help in my experience

That said I do avoid going through ATL on American at all costs, seem to be a black hole!

Comment

Working...
                                X