X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers Up!!!!

Comment

Prayers up again.

My wife did the same in a way and it took a little while before hers began to come out in clumps and then she asked me to shave it off. Have her inquire on the 2nd floor and they have a huge wig selection and insurance will cover it, just one. The wig route lasted about 3 weeks and it was just too hot so it turned to scarves and hats and she liked that route far better.

It's gonna get a bit rough when it happens and her self image/self esteem will take a big hit but she's the same person inside. You've gotta prop her up and she will be fine.

Comment

First chemo today right? Praying for you all...

Comment

I will for sure add you and yours to our Prayer list at church. May GOD bless and cure ALL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers. I love the t-shirt!

Comment

Prayers sent......

Comment

Prayers up for you and Tina, Kevin!

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  First chemo today right? Praying for you all...

Sorry I haven't updated much ... yes, Jenn, the 18th was her first chemo treatment, which went pretty well. She was a little tired, so she slept. No nausea or any of the other anticipated side effects.

Her second treatment was this past Friday, Sept. 1st. A few days before, she started loosing her hair. It was only a little at first, now it's coming out in clumps. She's going to get it shaved, today; I'm not sure how she (or I) will handle that. Konnor stayed with my dad and stepmom over the weekend. We've been trying to explain to him that momma is sick, and that the medicine she's taking is going to make her feel bad and that her hair will fall out. It didn't really register with him till this morning when he saw her try to push her hair behind her ear, and the whole handful came out. He told her it'll be OK. He's going with her for the shaving; I hope they're both OK.

The second chemo definitely hit her harder than the first. She slept almost all day, Saturday, and did have some nausea. She feels better after a day or so, but I'm afraid that rebound time might get to be less and less as her body gets more of the poison in it.

I thought this would get easier, as we got into it.

I was wrong.

Thanks everyone, for the continued prayers.

Comment

God's got this--everything is going to be fine! And, she is gorgeous, so tell her not to worry about the hair!

Comment

Prayers continue for Tina and your family. Tell her to keep her eye on the prize. I know mine actually got a bit better toward the end with no nausea or throwing up. Hope hers gets easier to deal with.

Comment

More prayers for you and your family!

Comment

prayers sent!!

Comment

Prayers sent for Tina and your family, Kevin!! I hate that your family is having to go through this.

Comment

Like has been said above, Kevin, I don't know you but have read a lot on here. Your family has our prayers. Breast cancer runs in my wife's family, so it has been a constant fear for us. So far, we have been very lucky. There is so much to say and no words to say them with, PRAYERS going up for ya'll!

Comment

Thinking of you both.

Comment

Working...
                                X