No announcement yet.

Watusi bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pasture ornaments, just like longhorns to most.

Comment

Not near as edible as a Hereford... city folk...

Comment

Don't let them breed with your regular cows is all I know. They are cool looking for those that have never seen one.

Comment

Beef?

Comment

been up close to one at chambers ranch years ago,,, they look like a lifetime supply of hamburger!!

Comment

This one was one spinning dude. Fun to get on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	65FAB1A6-4966-4B0C-911C-40E73E6936EA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	24570724

Comment

For people to shoot and fill their freezer and put the horns on the front of their suburban

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                  Watusi Bull Jumps Out of Corral - YouTube
                  Was that you? If it was, you were doing great until the end. I think I would have dumped some cubes in the trailer and had those yahoos leave out of sight. Wait until the bull settled.

I have found that using a rag on the end of a lounge whip is extremely effective in getting them to move without excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                    What is the point of owning this breed? Is it a novelty sort of thing? Looks like I’ll be working with them some.
                    Same reason you see brand new jacked up Ford F 250's in people's driveways in the city,. they look cool.

Comment

Years ago (25) there was a place down by Lometa that had zebras and other stuff. They had one that was a mix of watusi and longhorn. The owner said it was over 10 ft wide. I believe it!!!! It was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Was that you? If it was, you were doing great until the end. I think I would have dumped some cubes in the trailer and had those yahoos leave out of sight. Wait until the bull settled.

I have found that using a rag on the end of a lounge whip is extremely effective in getting them to move without excitement.
                        No, wasn’t me.

We were moving some Black Angus bulls to get them away from the yearlings, but the other guys decided to use four wheelers. I stood back and watched. One of the largest bulls refused to give up. They ended up having to let him go into a corral area with his favorite ladies. From there we finally got him into the horse pens. I thought the excitement was over until they figured that the stupid donkey (insert choice words here) needed to come out of the front meadow where the bulls were going to stay a while. I was laughing so hard that I had to stop and pull the RTV over. That donkey proved to them that he wasn’t leaving without extreme efforts being applied.

That donkey and I already had our go-rounds before when he thought he was going to kill me. Seriously, that awful thing actually tried it. And he didn’t give up in the coming days. It took educating him thoroughly that it was in his best interest to never try that ever again.
                        Last edited by Worksalot; 02-06-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

There’s two right down the road from me. Cool to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Years ago (25) there was a place down by Lometa that had zebras and other stuff. They had one that was a mix of watusi and longhorn. The owner said it was over 10 ft wide. I believe it!!!! It was impressive.
                            I think the ones that are wide are mixed, true Watusi have huge horns that go up not so much out, still cool animals.

Comment

Watusi's from my experience are pretty laid back and calm. The ones I've been around weren't all that aggressive . Same thing with Brahamas pretty laid back. It's those cross breeds that got mean. Never got hooked by Watusi or a Brahmer.. But those crosses with Hereford, Angus, Charlois, corrientee ... Would light you you up .

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Watusi's from my experience are pretty laid back and calm. The ones I've been around weren't all that aggressive . Same thing with Brahamas pretty laid back. It's those cross breeds that got mean. Never got hooked by Watusi or a Brahmer.. But those crosses with Hereford, Angus, Charlois, corrientee ... Would light you you up .
                                Yeah there was a wealthy guy I worked for with multiple ranches and his Brahmans were like wild deer. Absolutely, nutty-crazy just like him.
                                He said that he couldn’t tag a new calf without fear of being killed by the cows. I just tried to get close enough to one new mom to read her ear tags and she’d take off running so fast that she’d fall repeatedly and almost hurt herself. They’d all take off like rockets. I didn’t have any binoculars on hand so I just gave up. Craziest bunch of cattle I’ve ever had to feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X