Leupold CDS Turrets......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold CDS Turrets......

Thinking of putting a different scope on my 6.5 creed. Would like to get into some long ranges. The CDS system looks pretty awesome.

Has anyone here tried them?

Use them now?

Are they any good?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the vx3i cds on a 7mm-08 but I haven't sent in the data and coupon for the custom dial yet so I guess I'm no help. Love the scope though.

Comment

I have a 6.5 Creed that has a VX2 CDS on top of it. I did send off for my custom dial and just like it says, dial a distance and shoot. Only been out to 200yds with it but its a keeper.

Comment

i havnt sent my dials off yet as ive been looking for a specific bullet still but i love it so far with the wind plex. i use it like moa at the moment and killing pigs at 300 is easy

Comment

My suggestion is use it for a 1/4 moa knob. That way you can dial in any elevation,temp,wind, bullet, velocity. This is what I’ve done with mine

Comment

^^^Agreed, I've had multiple scopes through the years with this option and have never used it.

I tend to make too many little changes in a load to be stuck within the parameters of a custom dial.

I just use a drop chart and conditions of the day to dial for range.

Having said that, I've always found Leupold to be very accurate and repeatable in their tracking.

Comment

[QUOTE=Slick8;13183059]^^^

I tend to make too many little changes in a load to be stuck within the parameters of a custom dial.

This is what I do. Or they discontinue the bullet I use. So I have to change my load. So this is the only worry I have with using a system like this.

Comment

I have the CDS dial on my 7mm RUM and my 220 Swift. I do all my own reloading so I had the CDS dials configured for my "go to" load for each rifle. They are extremely accurate and if you are shooting past point blank range for your rifle, I can highly recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                  Thinking of putting a different scope on my 6.5 creed. Would like to get into some long ranges. The CDS system looks pretty awesome.

Has anyone here tried them?

Use them now?

Are they any good?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks,
                  Adam

I have two. I have a VX-2 CDS and VX-3i CDS. Wind plex reticles. I put one on my 7mm-08 and one on my 6.5 CM. They are great scopes. It takes a little while to get the custom turret...about 3 to 4 weeks. They are pretty accurate. I have shot them to 500 yards. They track well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    I have two. I have a VX-2 CDS and VX-3i CDS. Wind plex reticles. I put one on my 7mm-08 and one on my 6.5 CM. They are great scopes. It takes a little while to get the custom turret...about 3 to 4 weeks. They are pretty accurate. I have shot them to 500 yards. They track well.

Like what I’m hearing so far.

Comment

I stretched my 7mm out to almost 400 yards with my cds dial and it performed as advertised. I love the scope and system.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one that arrived today. From what I've read here and other places I'm even more excited

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          My suggestion is use it for a 1/4 moa knob. That way you can dial in any elevation,temp,wind, bullet, velocity. This is what I’ve done with mine
                          Highly recomend this approach unless you know you will only use one load at one location at similar environmental conditions. If any of those change, then you are stuck with a system that is not as precise as possible. Lack of confidence in your rig can lead to disappointment at long distances.

Comment

I prefer actual dope and a piece of pinstripe tape around the turret. I fiddle way too much with loads and bullets to marry myself to a single turret.

Comment

If you have no experience with long range shooting it is a great option to help you shoot past a couple hundred yards. The guys that shoot long range regularly have mentioned they tend to dial their own DOPE instead of being stuck to a fixed parameter, which I agree with.

If you plan on shooting one type of ammo (Hornady Match for example) then get someone to chronograph your rifle with the ammo you plan on using then send that data to Leupold for an extremely accurate dial.

Easy as pie!

Comment

Working...
                              X