Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck recipes

Any duck recipes that make them edibl ?

My favorite way is seared in a cast iron skillet. I only use 2 ingredients: salt and butter.

I prefer to leave the skin on the breast halves if possible. Salt the breast and let sit for 30 minutes. Melt butter in a very hot skillet. Sear skin side down for 5 minutes, flip and sear for another 3-4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes or so. Enjoy
    Last edited by Grizz83; 01-29-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Smoke it. Best way to cook waterfowl. It's always better if you pluck the whole bird, a lot of work but worth it.

Comment

The only way I like duck is in Gumbo or with dumplings or sausage and I bet it would be good in Boudain.

Comment

Boil or cook on grill outside and give to your dog! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best way to cook em is straight from the field to the frying pan. Don't even let it cool down. I like it to still be good and warm that way I know it's fresh! Batter it and fry it up for breakfast. I froze them once and I couldn't get past the smell/taste. Fresh is the only way I will cook them.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
              My favorite way is seared in a cast iron skillet. I only use 2 ingredients: salt and butter.

I prefer to leave the skin on the breast halves if possible. Salt the breast and let sit for 30 minutes. Melt butter in a very hot skillet. Sear skin side down for 5 minutes, flip and sear for another 3-4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes or so. Enjoy
              Same here! I like to score the skin, helps it get really crispy. I'll throw in some thyme and rosemary as well.

Easy stuff would be fajitas with the Cajun Blaze fajita mix, or make poppers with it.

All the people that say it's not edible or taste like crap are the same ones that probably have poor game care skills, don't know how to cook, or just be we eaten it and spit out heresay

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post

This ^.

Or if you want to get creative.... --> http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=626780

Comment

We always made fajitas out of our birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love putting them in the sous vide and cooking them that way. Lots of people don't like duck/waterfowl but that's because it's so easier overcooked.

I like them on kabob's, sliced up and fried (steakfingers), cubed up in stir fry..... lots of different ways to cook them if they're prepared right.

Comment

Olive oil and a bed of Union and garlic. Stir fry to med rare. Put it on a bed of rice with some soy sauce. Key to any duck recipe is don't cook it more then med. Rare.

Comment

Don't forget to check for shot.... I chipped a tooth a couple weeks ago!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wrap in bacon and Jalapeno with cheese like dove. BBQ them. When done take the duck meat out feed to the dogs and eat the rest. Dang good that way.

Seriously my son loves it, its ok meat to me. We just grilled it hot and fast with some seasoning.

Comment

smoked one last night for the first time and it was great. Brined it in brown sugar, salt and water for 2 days and then smoked it on my pellet cooker at 350 for a little over an hour to an internal temp of 165

Comment

Man's gumbo, duck breast and deer sausage!

For the sissies, sometimes I add in some chicken breast; they can be easily identified when serving the people that don't want the duck.
                              Last edited by pafdrn; 01-29-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X