Gulfport Mississippi Vacation Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulfport Mississippi Vacation Info

My oldest daughter is playing softball in Gulfport and we will be there for 7-10 days. While there we figured we would get some fishing in. We would want to fish for trout and redfish. Does anyone have a guide recommendation or fished the area?

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

good fishing in the bay and offshore,good luck,show up at the harbor in the afternoon and see who's catching what.

Comment

we were there with my daughter playing a tournament a few years ago. just bring your gear and fish the surf, no need for a guide. every morning when we would head to the complex I had to drive down the causeway and watch the bait and fish blowing up everywhere, it was torture.

the softball complex is nice by the way, one the best we have played at. Enjoy

Comment

Thanks RiverRat

Comment

No help for Gulfport. Gulf shoes Alabama call Little Lagoons.

Comment

We have a house in Pass Christian and we have always done pretty well going out on our own, but a couple of weeks ago I had a bunch of friends down to hangout, golf and fish and we said to heck with it and got a guide. The weather was less than desirable and his only opening was the afternoon but went out and ran to the Louisiana marsh and between four of us caught our 100 specks and about 40 white trout and was back before dark. Get in touch with either Fisher-man Guide Service, Ronnie Daniels is his name, he lives down the street from our place, he was booked but has 6 other guides that are in his fleet, and he ended up putting us with Clay Necaise of Outkast Charters, and he was a heck of a nice guy. Also depending on when yall are there, the later in the summer it gets the Tripletail fishing gets unreal around there. We also played a round of golf at The Oaks Golf Course and it was very nice, and pretty affordable, I'd suggest getting in a round there if you and some of the other dad's are golfer's, I will try to make it a point to get a round in every time I'm over that way. Also for a 4 person trip it was only $450 for the whole boat which I thought was very cheap.

Comment

Thanks Gander.

Comment

Sounds like rain down there, bring a boat.

Comment

Not going for another 2 weeks.....lol But are thinking about bringing a boat.

Comment

Just head east beach hopping

Comment

ttt

Comment

Mississippi Softball/Vacation Update

Recap, my oldest is playing a tournament in Gulfport Mississippi. We drove down 7/7 and of course it rained once we arrived. The next day all games rained out so this messed all scheduled games up. Sunday we had our fishing trip with Fisher Man Guide. We had Captain Joey and needless to say he was great and the entire group of guides we meet were top notch. We also lined a trip up for the kiddos and Wives for 7/11. But my wife's dad was admitted into the hospital and found out he had blockage and a blood infection so she had to fly out Monday 7/10. Prayers please, will require heart surgery. For trip on Tuesday we had 2 boats Captain Joey and Captain Mike. It started out slow and we were getting really worried about catch fish for the kids. BUT around 8:30 it all changed, again we smoked them and the kids caught a TON a fish. The winning boat was the girls and that didn't go over well with the brother. The girls won there first bracket game this morning and if keep winning will only have 2 games to make it to the Championship game. Enjoy the photos and if you are ever down that way you MUST book a trip with Captain Joey or Fisher Man. Captain Joey has his own guiding service called Poggey Boat Charters.
                        Attached Files

Comment

More Photos

Attached Files

Comment

More

Attached Files

Comment

Nice haul on the fish, congrats on the games, and I hope everything goes well with FIL. We went on vacation in Gulfport in '12. Had a good time, but we didn't do any fishing. Enjoy your time left and safe travels back!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X