Army Corp of Engineers- Weapon Policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Corp of Engineers- Weapon Policies

Does anyone know any of the Game Wardens and/or property managers on CORP, Public (LBJ) and/or Military Base (FT Hood) Lands. Given HB1334 is going to pass, I want to know if these lands will adopt the weapon change and/or keep the status quo.

I tried emailing the Corp at Whitney and have not gotten a reply.

ANYBODY IN THE KNOW?

If I remember correctly, in all my reading, researching, and studying to find public land to hunt on, each individual Corp land sometimes has different and conflicting policies. LBJ isn't Corp Land--it's United States Forest Service--which is different and even then Caddo--which is also USFS lands--has a different firearms policy than LBJ does!
    I believe it would be in your best interest to contact each one individually by phone or by internet to find out which rules apply and where.
    Each one also has differing seasons for the same game animals that don't correspond to some of the 'regular hunting seasons' ---some are set by county, some by the State, and some by the entity that governs the parcel of lands.
    Sorry for the confusion----but it is-----confusing! Good luck.

Comment

Grizz I don't think the senate version of HB 1334 passed and if not then it has not become law.

Having said that, I used to hunt Ft Hood a lot. Your best bet for information would be to contact Hunt Control which operates out of the Rod and Gun Club. They probably won't have their regs straight for this year until close to September.

I could probably dig up and old phone number. If you want it, please email me at Tomme@Actkinson.net.

I agree with the comment that all of these locations tend to set their own rules. One thing that the Army decided a few years ago was that everyone had to have a hunter safety course, regardless of age, and they won't sell a permit unless you have the card.

Comment

Working...
      X