Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    No bobbers allowed! Period.[emoji6]
    What's wrong with bobbers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      What's wrong with bobbers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Nothing wrong. But difficult to use fishing the bottom in 30' of water.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Nothing wrong. But difficult to use fishing the bottom in 30' of water.
        Unless you use a slip bobber. But the water needs to be fairly calm and the rig closely matched to the bobber's buoyancy so that it is easily pulled under by delicate mouthed fish.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-16-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Unless you use a slip bobber. But the water needs to be fairly calm and the rig closely matched to the bobber's buoyancy so that it is easily pulled under by delicate mouthed fish.

What he said. Slip bobbers are a crappie fisherman's biggest asset.

Comment

No bobber at 30’, 1/2oz sinker about 8-12” of line, hook, 8–12” of line, hook, 8-12” line and a barrel swivel.
            Fish it tight line on bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              The next time you are in Longview, give me a call.

I'm wearing them out right now

You fishing pines as well?

Comment

Cooler full of loser fish!! But it beats no fish!!!!

Comment

That can't be "loser fish". Cause looks like you didn't lose any of-em.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    That can't be "loser fish". Cause looks like you didn't lose any of-em.

Well I wish I had those fish yesterday!! They didn't bite for us yesterday! Nearly everyone struggled. Pretty good showing for the weather. Lots of new teams. We didn't land our 7th keeper till 145 and had to quit fishing a little after 2 to make weight in. Caught 4 the last 30 minutes. Lost BFOD when he bounced off the windshield and back in the lake! Caught sand bass all day too. Very few prefishing. Caught probably 100 fish to weed through 9 keepers! Next month is Millwood in Arkansas. Then Crappie Fest on Fork. Then Crappiemasters on Fork then the CAT hourly tourney on Lavon in May. If any of y'all are interested in checking out a crappie tournament crappie fest and the Lavon hourly would be ones to go to!!

Well here's the good bad and ugly. Considering our sad looking 7 fish I was tickled with 5th place!

Comment

Wow! Tough day for everyone for sure!

Comment

Lake Belton gave up 49 crappie Friday evening. 2 perch and 1 big ole gasper. When my wife caught the gasper she was very excited, thought she had the world record crappie!! Oh well he was fun to catch and the peeps at the fish fry will never know the difference. Good times.

Comment

Man I’m ready to get back home from the rig and get back on em!
                          I did cook some crappie soup last night that was amazing!

Comment

Could you post the soup recipe or a link thanks

Comment

Courtboullion?? I've never used crappie cause it falls apart but I love it with some catfish! Was supposed to be on Murvaul this morning with little man on a trip he won with Mark Standridge but he decided to wake up at 1130 last night with the stomach bug and blow chunks all over his room!![emoji24]

Comment

Pictures

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                                Lake Belton gave up 49 crappie Friday evening. 2 perch and 1 big ole gasper. When my wife caught the gasper she was very excited, thought she had the world record crappie!! Oh well he was fun to catch and the peeps at the fish fry will never know the difference. Good times.
                                Here is the picture.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X