Lightning Storm at my ranch!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning Storm at my ranch!!!

Heres some pics from a storm a couple of weeks ago at my ranch, let me know what ya guys think! gonna get a couple of them put on a canvas.
    Attached Files

Incredible.... Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Man you did real good with these..... Awesome shots and capture of lightning!

Comment

Incredible storm and photography

Comment

Very nice shots.

Comment

Brave. looks good

Comment

Nice, I have been tring to get good lightening pics for a while now with no luck

Comment

WOW! Those area awesome.

How do you get pics of lightning? Is there a remote trigger or something? I'm not that fast.

Can you give us some specifics on the camera and settings? I'm still trying to learn this stuff.

Comment

Those r awesome....!

Comment

Great job!! I too am curious about your setup!

Comment

Bump or two for that.

Comment

Thank yall for all the comments! but its pretty easy to do once you know what your doin and after trial and error a few times of getting the settings dialed in to what you want. But first you'l need a camer that has the "B"(bulb) setting, next you'll need a good STURDY tripod thats rock solid, i wouldn't have been able to get these shots due to the 50mph wind if i wouldn't have had a good tripod. Then you will need a remote shutter to plug into your camera. Once you have that, get set up (try to not get struck by lightning lol) whenever i do night photography i always turn my camera to manual focus because your camera wont be able to focus where you want it to, to get clear pictures. Then once you have focused in and its clear, depending on how much light/ lightning there is you will need to set your ISO to somewhere about 200. Then you will need to adjust your aperutre accordingly, I usually start mine around 5.6 or 7.1 and then trigger your remote shutter to where the shutter is open and leave it open the entire time while your waiting on lightning to strike in your frame and once it does turn the shutter off immediately because if you leave it open too long waiting for another lightning strike, the lightning will be too bright and you wont be able to see the fine lines of the lightning coming down. It definatley takes ALOT of practice and trial and error to get everything dialed in right, and thats the only way i learned because i didn't have anyone show me how to do it, but if you use your camera alot and stay out of the AUTO mode, its amazing what you can teach yourself and how much better your pictures turn out. So next time yall look at the radar and have a storm headed your way, get set up and play around with some of the things i talked about, and after a few attempts of playing around with these settings you'l get it down! good luck guys/gals and thanks again for all the comments!

Comment

Nice set of photos! I am partial to the 4th one down in portrait mode.
                          These type of photos are fun to take and your comments are spot on regarding how to do it!

Comment

Great job on these!

Comment

Very Cool....

Comment

Working...
                              X