Quitting the smokeless habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting the smokeless habit

I'm done. Saw a post on FB about a guy that his son asked why he dipped. He had no good answer other than " I've always done it". Well I have had this habit since I was 12. I am ashamed that I've done it this long. I am about to turn 50. I quit once for 6 months and fell back into the habit again. Recently had a high school buddy that passed away from cancer due to dipping. Please say a prayer for me and my Coworkers. I'm out of state working so my wife wont have to put up with my bad mood.

Good luck amigo. I need to stop my self, pretty much have some Copenhagen in all the time these days.

Comment

Good luck. I quit 3 years ago after having chewed for 50 years.

Comment

Right there with you. I'm the same age and have tempted fate for too long. It's time to be done with it. I'm starting with mostly dipping Smoky Mountain and mixing in Copenhagen when I can't stand it. Not sure I could go cold turkey. A friend of mine said his doc gave him some anti-depressants so I may look into that as well.

Comment

I’m 39 now and quit about 10 years ago after 14 years of Cope.

I had a “spot of concern” that needed a follow up to determine if it was cancer. I threw 3/4 a can in trash in way out the door and never touched it again. I pray for you to have strength, it gets better

It’s just a leaf, and I refused to have my life controlled by a leaf

Comment

You can do it!!

Comment

I was a Cope snuff feen for years. Picked up nicotine gum from Target or Wal Mart and was able to quit. Chew a lot of normal gum now

Comment

I have a lot of smoky mountain, gum & candy. I’ll make it. God willing.

Comment

Congrats!! I gave it up about 12 years ago

Comment

Smokey mountain for he win! Friday was my 15th week free. You got this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dipped Copenhagen for 20 years. A can a day. Quit when my dad died. I craved it at least once a day for about a year. After that just when I did certain things but it didn't take long when I no longer thought about it. Be strong!

Comment

Prayers up for you.

Comment

Gave it up over 25 years ago. Just two words helped me quit. Sean Marsee

Comment

Never liked it, but it obviously can have a powerful grip. Good luck, you can beat the habit!

Comment

[QUOTE=Low Fence;13850270]I’m 39 now and quit about 10 years ago after 14 years of Cope.

I had a “spot of concern” that needed a follow up to determine if it was cancer. I threw 3/4 a can in trash in way out the door and never touched it again. I pray for you to have strength, it gets better

It’s just a leaf, and I refused to have my life controlled by a leaf[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother! I smoked 1-2 packs a day of Marlboro reds for 35 years. Quit it cold turkey and going on 15 weeks smoke free! If I can do it, anyone can!

Comment

Working...
                              X