No time for a good side job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Dang man, you were waiting for her after she walked across the stage at M.O. Campbell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not long after.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
      Unless you're currently making more than $100K/year with good benefits, why not make it your main gig?
      They want me to but it's a start up company that I just don't think is going to make it. Owner seems to have big plans but doesn't like to hear reality. He thinks the answer to problems is to throw more money at it but complains when the shop guys ask for a $5 wrench. I guess if I believed in it more I might feel differently. Its not worth jumping ship when the one I'm on is floating so well.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I have been trying to find a work from home job due to medical reasons and have drawn a complete bank over months of trying. So I think you are crazy for passing it up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          They want me to but it's a start up company that I just don't think is going to make it. Owner seems to have big plans but doesn't like to hear reality. He thinks the answer to problems is to throw more money at it but complains when the shop guys ask for a $5 wrench. I guess if I believed in it more I might feel differently. Its not worth jumping ship when the one I'm on is floating so well.

Hoggslayer
          Consult 20 hours a week @ $100/hr

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I hate sleep. I feel like I'm gonna miss something. Like in this case, Hoggslayer is missing 40hrs a week of $50/hr because he's sleeping, or gardening, or learning to needlepoint. Sleep is overrated.
            Man, I can remember 20 years ago I was working 12 hour shifts....6 to 6. I'd get off work and had a side sandblasting business where I'd work until 11. Drive an hour to the house and go to bed. 4 hours sleep per night on average. I don't have that resiliency anymore. I need at least 6 now.
            Im in this camp. I work shift come home hang out with the family then hit the second job in the shop out back. 20 hour work days with a family time included in that 20 arent uncommon. 16 to 18 hour days are the norm. When i get off nights and head to say a hunting trip not sleeping for a couple of days is normal.
            Ive got things to see and debt to pay off. For now its temporary ive kept it up for a couple of years. In 10 months when im debt free it will change.

Comment

I just turned 65 a few weeks ago and found out I've sleep over 21 years of it. Wasted almost a third of my life sleeping. Family time is more important than a few extra bucks

Comment

You can sleep when you're dead.
                Yep

Comment

When I was younger I could work 80 hour weeks. I work 40hrs plus the 12 hours a week drive time. Throw in a softball game or two and a dance class for the daughter. A football game for my son or helping him put a water pump on his truck and theres just no time left.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Shift worker here, I only work 14 days our of the month unless called in for overtime, I wish someone would ask me to do a side job from home for $50/hr.

Seriously though I have a brother-in-law that lives in your neck of the woods, that is looking for work, please send info on the company if they are looking for help. He was laid off due to slow work in his field.
                    Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 11-27-2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

same boat,except not from home have to drive about 30min to this other plant. my wife loves the idea, me not so much....and its $50 an hr.

Comment

Get up earlier and go to bed later = 21 hours a week

Work through lunch at your regular = 5 hours

Skip church, you won’t have time to do anything to apologize for = 4 hours

Add that to the 10 hours you already have to give - bam 40 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          Get up earlier and go to bed later = 21 hours a week

Work through lunch at your regular = 5 hours

Skip church, you won’t have time to do anything to apologize for = 4 hours

Add that to the 10 hours you already have to give - bam 40 hours!
                          I wish it were that simple. I already work 4 10s every other week so I can have extra time. Up at 5 in the morning and went to bed after midnight.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I’m currently working 3 jobs. I’m hoping it’s so I can work less in about another year and make good money.

My one regret is the strain my jobs and career has done to my family.

Balance time vs money.

Comment

I go back and forth on this personally. There have been periods in my life that I have done nothing but work for months on end. Literally only work sleep eat. This was for a specific purpose. I would not do it just to get more money, but if it will allow you to retire in a noticably better position, buy property, etc I would do my best to make time. But in the end it all depends on your financial position. If I remember right you are an educated successful guy. Im just a blue collar grunt trying to scratch out a living. Two entirely different situations.

Comment

This is a test question, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X