Interesting Game Warden Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Game Warden Note

Which begs the question, where did they kill elk in Lavaca county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen set of Elk horns in back of a truck in Denton Friday afternoon while I was filling up at QT. They pulled in and went inside for something.

Comment

Dang

Comment

People do travel after killing in other states however probably quartered up depending on temps. Tons of game ranches around as well that have elk. Still have to have Tx Hinting License to hunt exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post

Which begs the question, where did they kill elk in Lavaca county?

Probably one of the dozens of HF ranches that has them?

Edit: My god..... Reading some of the Facebook comments is embarrassing. People are straight stupid
          Last edited by 150class; 10-27-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            People do travel after killing in other states however probably quartered up depending on temps. Tons of game ranches around as well that have elk. Still have to have Tx Hinting License to hunt exotics.

It looks like more than quarters. The bags of ice are cracking me up.

Also, that looks like the stripes across the streets from Hoffers in Hallettsville.

Comment

Glad they caught the poacher

Comment

I see a deer leg in there too lol crazy

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Probably one of the dozens of HF ranches that has them?

No doubt, it’s just a odd thing to see in Lavaca Co. There was a place of La Grange that had donated a elk hunt to a raffle a few years back. Forget exactly where it was.

Comment

It looks like more than quarters. The bags of ice are cracking me up.

Also, that looks like the stripes across the streets from Hoffers in Hallettsville.

Yes that one definitely isn’t quartered. My comment was for this out of state normally quarter so most likely came from a local HF Ranch around there.

I laughed at the sacks of ice! These guys probably paid $$$$’s to shoot the elk and couldn’t pick up a cheap hunting license!

Comment

Comment

No doubt, it’s just a odd thing to see in Lavaca Co. There was a place of La Grange that had donated a elk hunt to a raffle a few years back. Forget exactly where it was.

The way the exotic market has blown up the last 10-15 years there’s nothing odd to see in any part of the state lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          The way the exotic market has blown up the last 10-15 years there’s nothing odd to see in any part of the state lol
                          Nope see it all the time on IH-35, and some of them are getting out, just saw a free range Sika the other day not too far from Waco. And people wonder why CWD is popping up in other parts of the state...

Comment

So you don't need a license to kill a pig but you do to kill an elk? Neither are considered game animals in TX

Comment

Yes and you're correct

Comment

Working...
                              X