Opinion on barking dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    How do you guys feel about the occasional barker. i.e. the dog barks at the neighbor's cat?

Asking for a friend...
    Big difference in a dog during the day occasionally barking at something versus constant barking and all night?

IMO difference story all together

Comment

Some of y’all need to realize that there are some truly crazy/unstable people in this world. You think you are being sly by poisoning their dog. Then they catch you outside or roll up in your house and “end” you. And before all you Special Forces Sniper warfare commandos say “let them try”, I’m fairly certain that it wouldn’t take much for the average Joe to get the drop on most of you.

Just realize that things are not like they used to be. People are not like they used to be. Don’t make yourself or your family a target.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        Some of y’all need to realize that there are some truly crazy/unstable people in this world. You think you are being sly by poisoning their dog. Then they catch you outside or roll up in your house and “end” you. And before all you Special Forces Sniper warfare commandos say “let them try”, I’m fairly certain that it wouldn’t take much for the average Joe to get the drop on most of you.

Just realize that things are not like they used to be. People are not like they used to be. Don’t make yourself or your family a target.
        I agree totally - go through the proper channels if you have any issue nowdays -

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
          I agree totally - go through the proper channels if you have any issue nowdays -
          Poison the owners first, then get rid of the dogs

IMO, the only thing worse than a excessively barking dog is their owners who can hear it barking but don’t care about if it bothers the neighbors. My dogs wear bark collars, cause they started occasionally bark at other dogs barking in the hood.

Comment

They sell boxes when a dog barks it emits a high frequency sound. Conditions dog not to bark. Works like a bark collar but from your yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
              They sell boxes when a dog barks it emits a high frequency sound. Conditions dog not to bark. Works like a bark collar but from your yard.
              Yep and they work. Had a neighbor buy some they yip first time it hurts their ears but they learn quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I only have one dog. And she is 11. My last one. Like I said, she sleeps indoors. And yes, I would care if she barked all night. Cause I currently have neighbors who have dogs that bark at anything. Some all night. And I hate it ! I wanna move out of town cause I hate other people sticking they're nose in my business ! And telling me what I can and can't do on my property (without paying for some kind of permit), among many other things ! I plan on being where I can not see any neighbors, smell them, or hear them! Any more questions?
                Yes, I have one. I've got several properties for sale out where you can't see or smell your neighbors. PM me. You sound like my buyer.

Comment

There you go - problem solved - if I were the neighbor I would buy it for the guy who owns the barking dogs

Comment

That's why I'll never live in a subdivision!

Comment

I bought a house on 4 acres in a tiny country town years back. The neighbor had this German Shepherd on a giant log chain and as soon as it got dark he would bark all night non-stop, literally all night every night for 4 years. At first I was going to go kill it, I wondered how anybody could listen to their dog bark like that next to their house all night. I learned to live with it through lots of prayer but it was ridiculous to say the least. I still hate barking dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        That's why I'll never live in a subdivision!
                        X-10000, but I don't let my dogs bark their azzes off for no reason; even out here in the sticks.

Comment

If my dog barked all night I’d throw it over the back fence for my neighbors. I hate a barking dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to mention this. They are not expensive and I would probably install two.

Back in the day I took some old pots and pans and tin cups and a pulley and raised them up a tree over a wood deck. Ran the rope into our bedroom. When the idiots acted up I would go open the window and drop the pans 10 feet to crash and bang. Took a week or so before {the dogs and neighbor} got the message to shut the hell up.....

Comment

It has to disturb enough people.

But it is very rude behavior by the owners. Its not loving your brother and will get you to Hell.

Comment

Go over and unlatch the gate. Let the dogs run off.

Comment

Working...
                                X