Some folks are just naturals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some folks are just naturals

So this young guy I work with was watching me shoot my Longbow this evening. He was intrigued to say the least. I said look it takes thousands of arrows to get good with one of these things...... finally I asked if he would like to give it a try? He said sure! All I could do was stand there with my mouth agape lol we were shooting from about 13-15 yards.
    This kid had never shot any bow before today! He just ordered himself a Black Hunter Longbow whoop whoop! Nothing I like more than getting someone hooked on Traditional archery.

He just kept putting them in there! :notworthy:

Good on you for bringing him in.

Gary

Comment

Awesomeness!!!

Comment

Kudos to you Corey!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's awesome. (dang kids!)

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Way to go Corey! I told my son in law the same thing one day while he watched me shoot. He took my left handed longbow and shot "lights out" at 15 yards. He has since bought a right handed bow and is really good with it. You're right, some people are just naturals. Its not fair. ha

Comment

Hooked, another fish!

Comment

Is that a cajun archery target in those pics???

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Is that a cajun archery target in those pics???

Bisch
                    Well it will have to do for now lol
                    I told him if he keeps shooting this good I’ll take him hog hunting. Nothing I enjoy more than watching a newbie get his first kill.

Comment

Awesome, way to keep hunting going and introduce more folks to it!

Comment

Good on you.
                        As a side note: how do you like that Black Hunter? Been looking at one myself for a cheap throw down/back up.

Comment

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                          Good on you.
                          As a side note: how do you like that Black Hunter? Been looking at one myself for a cheap throw down/back up.
                          I have to say it’s worth far more than its price tag! I modified the grip to my liking. It shoots hard and fast! I bought it with 45# limbs and I only draw 26” so I’m only pulling about 40# but wouldn’t be afraid to hunt with it.
                          In short it’s a great bow!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                            I have to say it’s worth far more than its price tag! I modified the grip to my liking. It shoots hard and fast! I bought it with 45# limbs and I only draw 26” so I’m only pulling about 40# but wouldn’t be afraid to hunt with it.
                            In short it’s a great bow!
                            My only consideration is the length. with my 29" draw I'm afraid it might stack a little too much. Still might give it a shot though. I've seen them on the Bay for $70 with free shipping.

Comment

I bought a 60lb one and like it. I just find it hard to shoot anything other than the bow Randy built for me. May just sell the other two.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X