Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frustrated with sub standard vacuum sealers... ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    I am at a loss...
    are the vacmasters that much better to spend an extra 350.00 ? On top of the 300 the commercial grade cost.

Yes!!! They cycle faster, use better bags & the bags are cheaper. Do not sell yourself short get a 315 or better. The chamber sealers are where it is at.

Comment

I have a food saver that has been going strong for 13 years. was a wedding present from a buddy. Still going!

Comment

Which would be a better product between the Ary Vacmaster Pro 350 12” OR
        the Cabelas Commercial grade 12” vacuum sealer??

Both are priced similar right now

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
          Which would be a better product between the Ary Vacmaster Pro 350 12” OR
          the Cabelas Commercial grade 12” vacuum sealer??

Both are priced similar right now

I think, to answer that question, you would have to know who makes the one for Cabelas. The Vacmasters are good machines, though.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like Blue Sky Innovations Grp produces the Cabelas product line. They sound like a small no -household name

Comment

I would not get the cabelas commercial brand. I have had 2 and the 2nd is fixing to be returned.

When I talked to the Blue sky folks about the Cabelas issues... I asked him why it would try to seal without vacuuming out the air. He came up with several options, one of which was the motherboard. i'm done with them.

Comment

I am leaning towards buying the Vacmaster and returning the Cabela’s product bc of the cooling fan & dual piston pump

Comment

I feel your pain! Got a refurbished Rainbow from the inlaws and wont ever go back!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                    I feel your pain! Got a refurbished Rainbow from the inlaws and wont ever go back!
                    rainbow ??

Comment

self sealing plastic wrap and butcher paper

Comment

oh, ok...thanx

Comment

I took the Cabelas commercial vacuum sealer back...to bass pro shops. Since they are one and the same the customer service rep told me I could take it BPS. I am NW of Austin 60 miles from Cabelas. BPS was on my way home.

Think I am gonna get the vacmaster 215.

Glen, buy a bunch of bags and you can try it as well. gonna order through Webstaurant.com or whatever it is. 679.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            I took the Cabelas commercial vacuum sealer back...to bass pro shops. Since they are one and the same the customer service rep told me I could take it BPS. I am NW of Austin 60 miles from Cabelas. BPS was on my way home.

Think I am gonna get the vacmaster 215.

Glen, buy a bunch of bags and you can try it as well. gonna order through Webstaurant.com or whatever it is. 679.
                            Now's your chance to think this over.
                            I've done the Vacuum sealer thing, after years of using deli paper and freezer paper.
                            Freezerburn occurred earlier in the Vacuum packed meat.
                            I use deli paper,(although saran wrap may be just as good), the butcher paper, and my venison will last at least a year without freezerburn.

Comment

Food saver, but don't buy the off brand bags. Stay with the Food Saver bags. I replace the gaskets every two years or so and have had the same machine for almost 10 years. Gaskets are about $6 each.

Comment

Working...
                              X