Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland Hunting

Anybody hunted Scotland?

I havn't hunted there but I saw the most beautiful pheasents I have ever seen over there. They were everywhere in the fields.

Comment

I lived there for a couple of years. Did quite a few pheasant and partridge shoots in the highlands. Never got to a red stag or roe deer hunt. My time was cut short there before being called back to Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I traveled to London in 1992 to visit a friend. We toured London for several days, then drove to far northern Scotland for a week of stag hunting. Four of us rented a house in the country, cooked most of our own meals, ate out some at local pubs. Also hunted Sika deer. I killed a nice Red stag and a Sika stag.The country was absolutely beautiful. The people were the friendliest of any foreign country I've been to. Just tell you are from SOUTHERN Texas and you will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
          I traveled to London in 1992 to visit a friend. We toured London for several days, then drove to far northern Scotland for a week of stag hunting. Four of us rented a house in the country, cooked most of our own meals, ate out some at local pubs. Also hunted Sika deer. I killed a nice Red stag and a Sika stag.The country was absolutely beautiful. The people were the friendliest of any foreign country I've been to. Just tell you are from SOUTHERN Texas and you will be good to go.
          Outstanding! They have some good Sika but are tough to get (I hear). Any pictures? My hunt starts 1 week from today. Going for Roe, Red Stag and Sika (I will be super lucky to get all three.) I know it's not reasonable to hope for a New Zealand class stag in the highlands. I will be happy with a good older one that's starting to "go back".

I really want a good Roe buck. There just aren't as many places to get one as there are Red stags.

Lord willing it will come together. Over a year planning this.

Comment

Too bad its illegal to bow hunt over there

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
              Too bad its illegal to bow hunt over there
              There are a group of archers trying to change that over there.

Comment

Cam-Mac on here has some great Scotland hunts. He doesn’t post regularly but his cell is *(806) 336-1527‬. He’s a great guy and can get you fixed up on an awesome hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                  Cam-Mac on here has some great Scotland hunts. He doesn’t post regularly but his cell is *(806) 336-1527‬. He’s a great guy and can get you fixed up on an awesome hunt.
                  Thanks I appreciate it but I am already booked.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                    Thanks I appreciate it but I am already booked.
                    Haha. Sorry, guess I should have read the comments to see that. Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                    X