No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just about to find this thread and raise it to the top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
      did he grow any?
      yes

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        did he grow any?

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Fiddy is back..

He is due a name change I think [emoji6][emoji51]

Comment

yes
          Awesome. Hope you get him !

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            He is due a name change I think [emoji6][emoji51]
            He was quite a bit North of Fiddy last year. He sure is a cool old cat this year. if the Good lord lets me stick him i will definately write it up here.

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Glad to see this thread back up top!

Comment

He was quite a bit North of Fiddy last year. He sure is a cool old cat this year. if the Good lord lets me stick him i will definately write it up here.
                Looking forward to reading the story, Steve

Comment

Fiddy is back..

The plot thickens as the prodigal son returns to his fall range...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Steve, you do know that Sept. 29th. would be a great day for ol' Fiddy to take a dirt nap... I'm jus' sayin'... Might restore your sanity a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Steve, you do know that Sept. 29th. would be a great day for ol' Fiddy to take a dirt nap... I'm jus' sayin'... Might restore your sanity a bit...
                      Depends on the wind direction. Only hunting when conditions are perfect.

Im sure it would restore my sanity for a few days but them i would just fall for another one. Hi.. My name is Steve and Im a big buck addict.

Comment

Depends on the wind direction. Only hunting when conditions are perfect.

Im sure it would restore my sanity for a few days but them i would just fall for another one. Hi.. My name is Steve and Im a big buck addict.
                        Yea, but ain't it fun sittin' round a campfire in a therapy group just talkin' bout your addiction?!!

Comment

Cold front moving in for the opener. NE wind, drizzle and cool morning. Hope ya get him almost as much as i hope i get mine!
                          Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                            Needing some opinions here. Biggest deer on the place have been killed at the stand east of 1, and the stand north east of 6.

Purple- property line
                            Red-existing member’ stands
                            Blue- my stands
                            Yellow- potential areas for feed pens with hand corn
                            1, 6, and 5 are three I’ve been thinking hardest about. Biggest deer on the property skirted the area around 3,4, 5 all season. Between 2 and the well site we have seen some big deer. I think the creek bed south east of 1 is the natural funnel I’m looking for. Briar and pine thicket around furthest south blue dot, potential sanctuary area. Large creek with steep banks on south property line. All of the oak areas with less dense trees are creek beds and sloughs. Yellow dot 1 looks awesome, rattled in a deer there last year sitting under a pine skirted with berry vines. He came out of the creek funnel behind me. Dot number 6 is an awesome open oak thicket, with most of the Deer seen in that side of our place coming out of those creeks. I have had numerous bucks running does in there over the years. All red and blue dots have feeders as well. The notorious “nocturnal” deer re very abundant on our place. Am I on the right track with my thinking? Dot number 2 is kind of a highway on that curve of the caliche oilfield road. This is East Texas by the way, tough hunting but the deer are there. Not many morning hunts are made after bow season, not many people up there during season but the deer are wary of fourwheelers and people. Any more insight?

Kind of late to put feed pens and such up at this point. Acorns are dropping already. I would be looking for hardwoods on right side of pond, and follow the smz north of the Caliche road far away from everyone. Get out of the pines and find hardwoods.

Comment

tick tock tick tock

Comment

Good luck with him!

Comment

Working...
                                X