No announcement yet.

Odd things found in the woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obviously turned it in or he would not be posting it here.

Comment

rail road spike. in the hill country near Wimberly. really rusted and not close to size used in the last 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        You turned in 22K?!! That was your money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That was about 40 years ago.

One cop said "Ya'll are stupid. I would have kept that money".

Maybe he was right, maybe he wasn't, but I believe to this day that nothing good would have come from keeping it.

Comment

Found this pile of rocks that look like a grave on top of a mountain hunting Pronghorn. It looks over this valley near Clayton, New Mexico. Cant say what it is for sure, but they was a lot of old sheep herders stayed up in that area.

Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Odd things found in the woods

I recently found a bunch of Jeep parts and a come along where a gentleman had tried to follow my 4 wheeler trail but the trees were too close together and he ripped them off the vehicle. Come along was to pull the Jeep off the river ledge he’d backed off of. Freakin’ idiot trespasser.

Last edited by Fishndude; 09-10-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
              That was about 40 years ago.

One cop said "Ya'll are stupid. I would have kept that money".

Maybe he was right, maybe he wasn't, but I believe to this day that nothing good would have come from keeping it.
              Think “No country for old men”. 😳

Found a pair of old manual sheep shears in Blanco.
              At our cool lease. Dumb butt me los them again.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Found this pile of rocks that look like a grave on top of a mountain hunting Pronghorn. It looks over this valley near Clayton, New Mexico. Cant say what it is for sure, but they was a lot of old sheep herders stayed up in that area.

[ATTACH]923933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]923934[/ATTACH]
                Have you ever hunted further away from Clayton or at least seen the old railroad bed from the 1800’s where it crossed what is now 87 or 64? I don’t recall how many miles NW that would be.

And some of those tall, isolated hills or maybe they’re extinct volcanoes. Those look like maybe they were spiritual places for the Indians. I’ve wanted to get permission to climb some just because.
                Last edited by Worksalot; 09-10-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                  obviously turned it in or he would not be posting it here.

Why? It’s found property. No crime in keeping it. Unless you mean the dope heads would of tracked him down.

Comment

Funny this thread just popped up. This past weekend I found 2 old coleman lantern covered up in dirt and leaves while I was scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      Why? It’s found property. No crime in keeping it. Unless you mean the dope heads would of tracked him down.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                        Have you ever hunted further away from Clayton or at least seen the old railroad bed from the 1800’s where it crossed what is now 84? I don’t recall how many miles NW that would be.

And some of those y’all, isolated hills or maybe they’re extinct volcanoes. Those look like maybe they were spiritual places for the Indians. I’ve wanted to get permission to climb some just because.
                        Yes, I been there. I have also found an old burned out cowboy or trapper line shack near Carrizozo, New Mexico bear hunting. It was old and most of the jars,plates and such where still inside. I never took anything out of it as it was not mine to begin with, but it did feel like step back in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          I recently found a bunch of Jeep parts and a come along where a gentleman had tried to follow my 4 wheeler trail but the trees were too close together and he ripped them off the vehicle. Come along was to pull the Jeep off the river ledge he’d backed off of. Freakin’ idiot trespasser.

Dang, what a bunch of fools.

Comment

The oddest of things I’ve found in the woods?

One day while following a trail, I found Serena Williams having a meltdown over a pile of pea gravel someone left on the trail that goes through Chew’s Elephant lease to a local Wal-mart where a feller was skinning a deer in the parking lot. She was complaining about Adair calling her with cat facts and how humping a dog till it pees might affect the henway sales in the classifieds.

And for those that need one more of my strange finds…TxSpinner...

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                              Found a bunch doll heads hanging from tree limbs on some public land in SEOK.
                              I have a neighbor that does that to her front yard every halloween...

One time I found a charcoal grill several hundred yards into the national forest. It had wheels so I dragged it out and loaded it into the truck since it isn’t supposed to be out there. Kept it for a bit then sold it.

On my family’s property I found an emu/ ostrich (I can’t tell the difference) head nailed to a tree by its beak. Still had its neck but nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                The oddest of things I’ve found in the woods?

One day while following a trail, I found Serena Williams having a meltdown over a pile of pea gravel someone left on the trail that goes through Chew’s Elephant lease to a local Wal-mart where a feller was skinning a deer in the parking lot. She was complaining about Adair calling her with cat facts and how humping a dog till it pees might affect the henway sales in the classifieds.

And for those that need one more of my strange finds…TxSpinner...
                                https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ad.php?t=10391
                                That would’ve been downright chilling to have found her doing all that. I’d have run away with arms flinging in the air and screaming.

Comment

Working...
                                X