Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate it bud!

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Looks like I'm headed back out this weekend after going two weekends ago. My Covert shows my feeder quit throwing a week after I put 600lbs in it..[emoji35].. It was one-two feeds from being empty, battery was good and I tested everything. Palmers always has clean cob free corn so I have no idea what it is. Glad I put out two 3 strand bales of alfalfa. I hope that som ***** isn't clogged because that will be a PITA to clear in a directional with 575 lbs sitting on top of it.

We’re waiting!!

Last edited by Smart; 07-23-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Looks like I'm headed back out this weekend after going two weekends ago. My Covert shows my feeder quit throwing a week after I put 600lbs in it..[emoji35].. It was one-two feeds from being empty, battery was good and I tested everything. Palmers always has clean cob free corn so I have no idea what it is. Glad I put out two 3 strand bales of alfalfa. I hope that som ***** isn't clogged because that will be a PITA to clear in a directional with 575 lbs sitting on top of it.

We’re waiting!!
        I wasn't impressed with Palmer's corn the last trip in May Jason. It was full of dust and just not as clean as it normally has been in the past IMO. HEB has Mummies apple scented corn on for $6.48 and I convinced them to help me load the 1,700 lbs Friday.
        You might try it because it was sure clean...Bone Thug can attest to it!

Hopefully you just have a bad battery or solar panel and not a clog where you have to unload that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          I wasn't impressed with Palmer's corn the last trip in May Jason. It was full of dust and just not as clean as it normally has been in the past IMO. HEB has Mummies apple scented corn on for $6.48 and I convinced them to help me load the 1,700 lbs Friday.

Hopefully you just have a bad battery or solar panel and not a clog where you have to unload that thing.

We'll see...it was clean putting it in...I'm betting it is going to be mechanical .....

Comment

Mummies is the only corn I put in my feeders now. Don’t be telling everyone that secret Joel!

Great looking set up buddy!

Comment

I’ve been needing to get some work done out west for some time now but my helper (the prodigal son [emoji6]) has been tied up with both work and school and can’t get away.
              Well......TBH to the rescue! My boy Brandon (Bone Thug) offered to bail me out in this heat! And oh man...was it HOT!

We put out 2500 lbs of cottonseed, 1700 lbs of corn, 400 lbs of rice bran and 2 protein blocks and installed my new Maverick blind on a 3’ platform. Also pulled and replaced sd cards and batteries in a few game cams and some misc stand repairs.

The new set up....these deer have options [emoji6]

Set up new corn and rice bran feeder

Maverick in the air a little. Will brush it in better next trip.

Replaced the standard gate style spinner plates with Spintechs on both 85 gal feeders at my secondary spot. Hopefully that will fix this problem [emoji35]

Believe it or not it really wasn’t that bad temp wise. There was just enough wind to make it bearable and we tried to stay hydrated and pace ourselves. That said, I think I only peed once all day yesterday [emoji30]

I can’t thank Bone Thug enough for his help. There’s simply no way I could have gotten this stuff accomplished by myself. It was a great day and I really enjoyed the time. We shared some great memories and like minded conversations on topics ranging from politics, fatherhood, faith and....oh yeah....hunting!!

You’re a class act Brandon!! Thanks again man!!!
              You’re hard up for help!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                You’re hard up for help!

He kinda was....

Comment

I’ve been needing to get some work done out west for some time now but my helper (the prodigal son [emoji6]) has been tied up with both work and school and can’t get away.
                  Well......TBH to the rescue! My boy Brandon (Bone Thug) offered to bail me out in this heat! And oh man...was it HOT!

We put out 2500 lbs of cottonseed, 1700 lbs of corn, 400 lbs of rice bran and 2 protein blocks and installed my new Maverick blind on a 3’ platform. Also pulled and replaced sd cards and batteries in a few game cams and some misc stand repairs.

The new set up....these deer have options [emoji6]

Set up new corn and rice bran feeder

Maverick in the air a little. Will brush it in better next trip.

Replaced the standard gate style spinner plates with Spintechs on both 85 gal feeders at my secondary spot. Hopefully that will fix this problem [emoji35]

Believe it or not it really wasn’t that bad temp wise. There was just enough wind to make it bearable and we tried to stay hydrated and pace ourselves. That said, I think I only peed once all day yesterday [emoji30]

I can’t thank Bone Thug enough for his help. There’s simply no way I could have gotten this stuff accomplished by myself. It was a great day and I really enjoyed the time. We shared some great memories and like minded conversations on topics ranging from politics, fatherhood, faith and....oh yeah....hunting!!

You’re a class act Brandon!! Thanks again man!!!
                  Wow, that’s a lot of work Joel and Brandon. Good looking set up.

Comment

Got to love those old West Texas monarchs. Grew a little more trash from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                      Got to love those old West Texas monarchs. Grew a little more trash from last year.

Was looking for that old dude last yr. old cool buck!
                      Last edited by KactusKiller; 07-23-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

A much needed rain shower at the lease this morning!!

Comment

Yep looks like most of Angelo area got wet

Comment

It’s getting close, starting to get the fever with this slightly “cooler” weather. Even pulled up the opening week forecast and looks like highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s. I’ll take it that was to come true(but I doubt it)

Daydreaming of cooler days in the stand!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              It’s getting close, starting to get the fever with this slightly “cooler” weather. Even pulled up the opening week forecast and looks like highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s. I’ll take it that was to come true(but I doubt it)

Daydreaming of cooler days in the stand!
                              Won’t be long now.

I’m ready to get past these high temperatures. Really, looking forward to some cool hunting weather.

Comment

One of MidlandTxHunter buddies escaped the reservation. He needs to get him back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X