No announcement yet.

Keechi Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was under the impression that there would only be 10 people hunting. But I talked to the biologist out there and he said that there were 10 groups, not 10 people. He said there were 18 people within those 10 groups for this weeks hunt. I can't remember how many he said had confirmed they were going.

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
      I was under the impression that there would only be 10 people hunting. But I talked to the biologist out there and he said that there were 10 groups, not 10 people. He said there were 18 people within those 10 groups for this weeks hunt. I can't remember how many he said had confirmed they were going.

Oh wow. That's quite a bit more people than I was expecting. When I called the guy I spoke to, he thought there were 9 permits issued...but he wasn't for sure. 18 people might make it a little tight I would think. Still doable but I'd hate to be moving through and screw up someone's hunt...or vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Hopefully they don't get much more rain sunday, just like richland creek they like to cancel hunts because of rain in these drainages.

Yea, hoping conditions stay like they are and it doesn't get cancelled.

Comment

I have hunted Shiloh for 35 yrs off 542, big bucks run the river bank. I'm about two miles from the 542 turn off into that management area. Family has land backing up to it in Ninevah.Awesome hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Describe this bridge?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            Can't remember if it's wide enough for a truck, but did cross it in my 4 wheeler. It crosses the Keechi creek and also has the Buffalo creek in there. This area is inbetween the 2 creeks. I'm sure who ever runs this hunt should have a map and he can show where it's at. The other place is a little futher down and turns back to the right. I want to say there is a bridge there too. Cross that bridge and the trail will go left and right. But go straight thru the woods about 200 or so yards, well, it gets good. I remember the property fence line is right there with a open pasture on the other side. This area is a pin oak flat with strips of open woods and then yaupon under brush. That is if they haven't done anything in there. Like I said, it's been about 10 yrs. since I was there. But my son killed a doe in that part but seen some good bucks, but we were on a doe/spike hunt then.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              As you leave the check in station,(not far) turn back to your right. Then look for a bridge on the right. Cross that bridge and walk down that trail about 100 to 200 yds. Good deer crossing there.
              Also, if you keep following this trail, it will turn and run parallel with the boundary line which is cleared on the other side of the fence. Seen a box blind on top of a hill looking down this fence line. Might be a feeder on it now. You can always use that to your advantage. Some good looking woods with lots of sign.

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                Was that off 542 and 3178?

So that buck was real?!? we are very close to that location and my dad had a buck like him cruise by one morning. Said he was ate up with buck fever and couldn’t draw his bow. I always tease him about that hunt.

Comment

I'm staying till the 15th then heading down to LAWR for another draw hunt.
                  How's the hunting?

Comment

As of last night, nothing in the ground yet. Seeings signs but nobodys had any luck yet. Ill be back out there middle of this week to finish hunting through the weekend, hoping this weather cools down some and gets them moving again.

Comment

Good luck out there fellas!

Comment

How's the hunting?

It was pretty slow. I found a few good areas but only saw small bucks and that was it. It was a really cool place and I wish I could’ve stayed longer but I left today and I’m headed down south for another draw hunt. Hopefully I’ll get drawn again to go out there.

Comment

Which one of y'all ride a Polaris 4 wheeler and found themself on the wrong side of the fence? I'll post a trailcam pic later.

Comment

Which one of y'all ride a Polaris 4 wheeler and found themself on the wrong side of the fence? I'll post a trailcam pic later.

Rut-Ro!!!

Comment

Did you ever get those pictures? I'm just curious to see if was someone from my hunt or not.

Comment

Did you ever get those pictures? I'm just curious to see if was someone from my hunt or not.
                                I forgot to upload to my computer. It was a white haired guy on a camo Polaris 4 wheeler with his bow on his back. Definitely not a poacher, but a lost hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X