No announcement yet.

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginiano is what the bag says in the pictures he sent me.

Comment

Post a video of the pressure washer in action, when you get a chance. I want to make sure its worth making the drive. My truck gets MUDDY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
        Finally made it to the new ranch to set up my stand and a few feeders. Had to get all my stuff from Anahuac first.The new ranch is beautiful. Hopefully it has some nice deer too. I would like to find a place to stay for awhile if possible.Set up my stand in a draw next to the only pond on that end of the ranch. Tracks and rubs everywhere. Time will tell I guess.The ranch also has a nice pond with bass and catfish. Hot as heck yesterday but I was glad to be finished with the worst part.
        Looks like a cool place! Hope it works out for y'all!

Comment

Lol will do

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
            Looks like a cool place! Hope it works out for y'all!
            Thanks Keith, we hope so too. I heard you have a new ranch as well in a great area. Have you gotten moved and set up yet?

Comment

We are moved but not set up yet. Lots of work ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure it will all be worth it.It's already really hot over there .Lots of big bucks down there from the pics I saw. Good luck to you and your group and I am looking forward to some LDP's this fall.

Comment

Not on La Bota anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1490679169741.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	24490414

Went down this weekend and topped off feeders. Ranch is in tip top shape but, the deer are still hammering protein. We have deer just now showing back up from the rut. Our bucks are about 60% shed out so far. It looks like it is gonna be a hot summer. Hopefully we can catch another rain this week to carry on a good start to spring.

Only seen one big rattle snake this trip[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never been to Mexico. How hard is it to get back and forth and what about guns going across the border.

Comment

I have been reading and keeping up with this topic, and thought it would be a cool trip to take to Mexico and hunt. So, I inquired with two different outfitters about a 5 day hunt. To say the least I was set back on the pricing.
                        I typically take 4 out of state hunting trips per year and usually one in Texas, these are all guided. I don't look for deals or brother in law specials, just try to use the best guides available.
                        Both outfitters priced me hunts at 9000.00 to 12,000.00 to Mexico for Mule deer, predator and tank fishing. I could upgrade to a Cous deer combo for another 2500.00 , these are 5-7 day hunts.
                        I am not complaining, but I will probably not make a Mexico hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I have been reading and keeping up with this topic, and thought it would be a cool trip to take to Mexico and hunt. So, I inquired with two different outfitters about a 5 day hunt. To say the least I was set back on the pricing.

I typically take 4 out of state hunting trips per year and usually one in Texas, these are all guided. I don't look for deals or brother in law specials, just try to use the best guides available.

Both outfitters priced me hunts at 9000.00 to 12,000.00 to Mexico for Mule deer, predator and tank fishing. I could upgrade to a Cous deer combo for another 2500.00 , these are 5-7 day hunts.

I am not complaining, but I will probably not make a Mexico hunt.

Hunting western Mexico for mule deer can be expensive but farther east where most of us are in states like Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas its cheaper. You can pay close to $9k no doubt but that would include supplemental feeding and a year round access.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
                            Not on La Bota anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No sir but we are still helping them with their outfitting operation. We sell and guide their hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerfeeder View Post
                              Sure. Hit post reply bottom left of your last post and it will give you a option to attach photo or video.

It doesn't even give me the option to access video in my phone library, only photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                                [ATTACH]847971[/ATTACH]

Went down this weekend and topped off feeders. Ranch is in tip top shape but, the deer are still hammering protein. We have deer just now showing back up from the rut. Our bucks are about 60% shed out so far. It looks like it is gonna be a hot summer. Hopefully we can catch another rain this week to carry on a good start to spring.

Only seen one big rattle snake this trip[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
                                Good report Bo... thanks for the update

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X