Tacoma owners.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    There is about a 3-4K difference between an average 2015 Tacoma and an average 2017 Tacoma in a VERY similar configuration. That about perfectly matches the percentage of value lost over the life of Tacoma’s in general.
    You would have a valid argument if the 3rd gen Tacoma’s we’re taking a big hit in value within the first year like most other truck brands do, not for a brand that STILL holds its value better than any competitor. The close price point between the gens is a result of steadily maintained re-sell value... not a symptom of a low performing model.

The problem is, too many people expect full size truck performance in a small truck format. The Tacoma easily has enough power for daily driving and light towing. Key phrase there is LIGHT towing. This is still a small truck, if you want to tow... buy a full size. (Or a diesel, for that matter)

By FAR the biggest complaints on the 3rd gen are the transmission shifting points. They are set like they are specifically to meet EPA requirements for MPG ratings. Toyota knew we probably would want more power, so they gave every Tacoma a little “ECT” button that transfers the shifting protocols higher in the RPM band to achieve the power and torque that people prefer. It’s not hard to press the button. The TSB’s (software updates) released over the last 2 years have drastically improved the performance of the stock truck beyond most people’s complaints. Also, there are several aftermarket patches available for $300 and less to give you completely customizable shifting points to further improve power.

There is no reason for any consumer looking to buy a new Tacoma TODAY to convince themselves down to a 3.5+ year old used version due to some imaginary systemic problem. NONE

The 3rd gen Tacoma’s are **** fine trucks with an up to date transmission TSB. And, you can enjoy your resale value while other guys talk about how overrated your truck is... as they sit in something worth half as much at the same age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can learn anything you want to know about Tacomas here. https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/3...omas-2016.186/

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

Nope. A loaded 2017 MSRP was $5,000 more than a 2015 MSRP.
        So, 2 years newer, cost $5K more but only worth $3k more. Clearly, the 2nd gens hold a better value. I love Toyota’s and have owned them for years but the 3rd gen Tacoma is quite the failure. If it wasn’t, I’d own one.
        Better pick that mic back up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          Nope. A loaded 2017 MSRP was $5,000 more than a 2015 MSRP.

So, 2 years newer, cost $5K more but only worth $3k more. Clearly, the 2nd gens hold a better value. I love Toyota’s and have owned them for years but the 3rd gen Tacoma is quite the failure. If it wasn’t, I’d own one.

Better pick that mic back up!!!

Typical 2nd gen forum guys.....
          lmao.
          This feels like tacomaworld...

Comment

Typical 2nd gen forum guys.....
            lmao.
            This feels like tacomaworld...

Comment

Y'all don't forget the wave

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Y'all don't forget the wave

Lmao...
                I don’t care what gen the Tacoma is... I always give the wave.

Comment

replied to wrong post
                  Last edited by joebriles; 09-25-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                    do you have a lift on this, body lift, or just bigger tires? Thanks
                    Yes. I have a 2.75 inch lift (anything over 3 will void my warranty).

285/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3 on Procomp 16" wheels with 0 offset. The lift is a Icon add a leaf in the rear with Procomp shocks, Fabtech upper control arms and Fox 2.5 coil overs in the front. The cab mounts had to be trimmed in the front so it wouldn't rub at full lock.

Comment

Lmao...
                      I don’t care what gen the Tacoma is... I always give the wave.

There's a "Tacoma wave"???

Comment

Originally posted by Beerkat View Post
                        I tend to get or get back the "Tacoma Wave" from someone driving a non-stock Taco. Its not like the Jeep wave or motorcycle wave where everyone in/on one waves. Its more of a special small circle wave. lol

Comment

Pros: Less ugly than tundra!

Cons: Still a mini truck

Comment

Originally posted by Beerkat View Post

If I’m on a country road, there is a “pickup wave” too... I guess it’s habit fro growing up in the sticks. You just wave at people you pass. Don’t know why I only do it for pickups now though.

Comment

Dont know who gave you that info but any lift (does not matter the inch) will void warranty...unless you worked out a deal with the dealership for install, your most likely SOL.

Originally posted by joebriles View Post
                              Yes. I have a 2.75 inch lift (anything over 3 will void my warranty).

285/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3 on Procomp 16" wheels with 0 offset. The lift is a Icon add a leaf in the rear with Procomp shocks, Fabtech upper control arms and Fox 2.5 coil overs in the front. The cab mounts had to be trimmed in the front so it wouldn't rub at full lock.

Comment

Sit in one and drive it as long as you can. Im 6ft. I got a 16 and could not stand that I could not pull the wheel closer to me. I was all the way back on the seat adjustment but the vehicle lacked a telescoping steering wheel. It drove me crazy enough to trade it. Other than that I liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X