Davy Crocket NF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davy Crocket NF

Looking for others who hunt Davy Crocket NF Ratcliff, Neches Bluff, Big Slough areas..

Yes... I hunted it for the first time last year and I am going back in a couple weeks to scout......Lots of deer only problem was squirrel hunters walking up on us, so you have to find a spot way deep in the slough.

Comment

yeah i have been hunting it since 2000 i took the buck in my avatar there but def seen some bigger ones.

Comment

Thats where I'll be...took a nice 8 pointer last year from there.

Comment

I've hunted there the past 3 years. I've seen some deer, but haven't been able to get one yet

Comment

I have hunted the Neches Bluff, Ratcliff area for a long time have had good luck with Guns... this will be my first year with a bow.. would any one be interested in getting togeather for a scouting trip...

Comment

Hey, guys thinking bout hunting either the Alabama creek or the Crockett, any input !!!!! Hunted the Davey Crockett 20 yrs ago but, during gun season !!! Put that gun away for good strictly stick and string !!! Help me boys which do yall think is best and where in either one

Comment

Live too far for scouting trip but, wondered if you might put a couple Central Texas (Waco boys) under your wing and tell us where to go

Comment

The area around Neches Bluff is a good area.. it has allot of pressure the first week though..Alabama is a nice spot... seen LOTS of deer in there.. but seen LOTS of Hunters too... but thats the way it goes with public land.. I prefer the Crockett... but the choice is yours..

Comment

get deep in the woods and plan to stay awhile, i have always had good luck hunting right next to privat land just find a natural funnel and a few deer sign and go from there, i have a hard time pattering deer in the forest.

Comment

Can the actual Davy Crockett NF be hunted or is it strictly relegated to Alabama Creek WMA? I've not ever been able to find the defined hunting boundaries for the NF, only Alabama Creek so I was just kind of wondering.

Comment

there is the dcnf that is free public land and there is alabama creek wma that requires they type II permit or what ever they call it now. but i believe alabama creek wma is bow only? correct me if im right. it might have a muzzleloader season there idk
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by josephd19 View Post
                          there is the dcnf that is free public land and there is alabama creek wma that requires they type II permit or what ever they call it now. but i believe alabama creek wma is bow only? correct me if im right. it might have a muzzleloader season there idk
                          That's a great resource you attached, thank you. Alabama Creek has a general firearms season like the rest of the state, you just have to have the $48 APH to do so. That much I'm about 99.99% sure of.

Comment

i hunt in ratcliff and stay in the state park or campsite #12. I killed the buck in my avatar in dcnf oct 2007

Comment

My lease is close to there...

Comment

Working...
                              X