Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful pics johnny quacker

Comment

Deer must be up moving, had a 6 point walk down driveway and go between truck and boat and go behind house and eat hand corn.

Comment

Good job on the doe Quack! Im taking an evening off fromhuntig the big deer and taking a nephew after a 5year old 8pt. Not a giant but would make a kid happy. I have a big ten there with a wild kicker off his g2 but that sucker broke off one of his G3s last night. We had another big ten that broke both G2s and a 8pt that lost a beam. Hot weather or not, they must be fighting like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Good job on the doe Quack! Im taking an evening off fromhuntig the big deer and taking a nephew after a 5year old 8pt. Not a giant but would make a kid happy. I have a big ten there with a wild kicker off his g2 but that sucker broke off one of his G3s last night. We had another big ten that broke both G2s and a 8pt that lost a beam. Hot weather or not, they must be fighting like crazy.
          If you are going where I think you are going, them bucks are always pizzed off at eachother over there. It seems like last year most bucks had broke up racks once it became this time of year! Hope y'all stick that 8!

Comment

Does anyone know if you can hunt off horse in the Davy Crockett national forest?? Got about a 3 mile trip and want to be able to ride a horse in to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sure glad to hear about this weekends temps!!

That and maybe a little rain thursday

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                sure glad to hear about this weekends temps!!

That and maybe a little rain thursday
                This is shaping up nicely! Cold front between the first full moon of fall and the last quarter in October. Bucks should be on their feet in my neck of the woods.

The only thing better would be if we got enough rain to start to sour the acorns on the ground..wishful thinking ...cuz it's like my dad always said, "wish in one hand and shh* in the other and see which one fills up first." haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  Does anyone know if you can hunt off horse in the Davy Crockett national forest?? Got about a 3 mile trip and want to be able to ride a horse in to hunt

I see folks pulling into the DCNF with horse trailers from time to time, year around. I haven't looked at the regs in about two years but if memory serves me correctly, the last I checked I didn't see anything that would prohibit you from riding in on a horse, bicycle or even an electric golf cart (questionable).

Comment

Last edited by offthemap; 10-18-2016, 07:45 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Saw your post last night right after reviewing cards from cameras behind my house... one of my nice 8's is now a dang spike! Broke both main beams off right at the brow tines... Deer could easily be mistaken for a scraggly spike... My place is probably not big enough for him to just hang out here, so he'll probably get culled opening day of gun season...

I'm also pumped about how all the "stars" are lining up for this weekend... gonna spend as much time in the woods as possible down in the south end of Liberty county... got me a good "akern flat" with three different kinds of oaks... deer are hitting it hard... sure would like to run an arra thru one... ain't gonna be too choosy either. I haven't shot a deer in East Texas since about 1979... All my hunting's been out west and down south... kinda feels good to be "back home".
                      Good luck to everyone this weekend. Should be some good LDP's added to this thread between now and Sunday night!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Yes you can but you have to wear a helment and orange I think. In rifle season, some kevlar for your horse might be good.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Saw your post last night right after reviewing cards from cameras behind my house... one of my nice 8's is now a dang spike! Broke both main beams off right at the brow tines... Deer could easily be mistaken for a scraggly spike... My place is probably not big enough for him to just hang out here, so he'll probably get culled opening day of gun season...

I'm also pumped about how all the "stars" are lining up for this weekend... gonna spend as much time in the woods as possible down in the south end of Liberty county... got me a good "akern flat" with three different kinds of oaks... deer are hitting it hard... sure would like to run an arra thru one... ain't gonna be too choosy either. I haven't shot a deer in East Texas since about 1979... All my hunting's been out west and down south... kinda feels good to be "back home".
                          Good luck to everyone this weekend. Should be some good LDP's added to this thread between now and Sunday night!
                          They sure are fighting a lot here. Its gonna get good when the weather breaks Thursday.

Comment

All you have to do is find where they feel safe as I was told. Pretty sure I have. It's daytime after daytime pics on this trail. Check out this new stud that just recently showed himself. Might I add on multiple occasions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                            Attached Files

Comment

Also had one with some interesting character show up in a different area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                              Attached Files

Comment

so looking forward to being in the woods this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X