No announcement yet.

For Those That Want Hogs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want company some night shooting the bastages let me know and I’ll assist.

Comment

The bleeding hearts will come out of the woodwork if you talk about really controlling them.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        I will soon once the house is finished. Until the wife makes me put in expensive grass, then I may not like them so much..

You don't need help. Around our area cows do much more damage versus the pigs. And where you are there's simply not enough food to ever have tons of pigs. Maybe some will group up once in a while though.
        I will disagree with you on that statement until you can show me some actual data collected from the state. I donate 5000.00 dollars a year to Texas State University and A&M Austin and let them use 70 acres of my property for an ecolab.
        I can most certainly tell you that every student and biologist that has came out here says that feral hogs have destroyed so much of the native browse and flora in this area that some may never come back. One of the biologist asked me why I had no post oak saplings and before I could answer he said feral hogs. He also said that it is not a regional issue and hogs are a statewide problem. I cant argue with the man, he conducts studies on such things for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          The state needs to let us start poisoning them. They are overrunning the state
          We all know that is the answer, its a waiting game now.

Comment

I am totally with the eradication group. Invasive species, introduced by Spaniards for food if not before them by the Polynesians. If folks could not sell hunts to the uninformed this would not even be a discussion...........they would have been eliminated from the landscape! Kansas aint playing..........death on sight. If you are hauling them be ready to have your vehicle confiscated with severe prosecution to follow!

Comment

We have a 15-20 acre pasture in front of our ranch house, it used to have a lot of clover growing in it, now it has moon craters all over it from the hogs, we cannot even brush hog it because it is so rough, we will need a dozer to level it all back out, I could care less if all the hogs were dead.

Comment

Dude I would have lost my mind! 20lbs of taneritie and a video camera!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Chamberlain...SABEgKvPPD_BwE

I use one of these around the yard, but you still have to get up in the middle of the night to shoot them... It gets old fast.
                  I've got one of those at the Farm, and another at the Lease. I get up in the middle of the night when it goes off to shoot coons and pigs. It's alerted me to dozens of the suckers. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    All I can say is, hogs in the yard, yeah, pretty bad deal.
                    Hogs at the lease, not so bad. Beavers on the other hand, are worst than hogs.
                    I'd rather have 100's of hogs than a handful of beavers!!!
                    Beaver jokes coming soon LOL

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    I will soon once the house is finished. Until the wife makes me put in expensive grass, then I may not like them so much..
                    You don't need help. Around our area cows do much more damage versus the pigs. And where you are there's simply not enough food to ever have tons of pigs. Maybe some will group up once in a while though.
                    Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    I will disagree with you on that statement until you can show me some actual data collected from the state. I donate 5000.00 dollars a year to Texas State University and A&M Austin and let them use 70 acres of my property for an ecolab.
                    I can most certainly tell you that every student and biologist that has came out here says that feral hogs have destroyed so much of the native browse and flora in this area that some may never come back. One of the biologist asked me why I had no post oak saplings and before I could answer he said feral hogs. He also said that it is not a regional issue and hogs are a statewide problem. I cant argue with the man, he conducts studies on such things for a living.
                    It's not very hard to understand. My dad owned a small ranch in Lometa since 1990. Started with zero hogs. Then they saw and trapped one or two around 1995. Then saw none for another 5 years. Then saw one or two. Then saw none ever again.

I've hunted near CBSP since 1990 and they have no more hogs now than they did back then. They don't have too many and never have.

Why does it take a college and State biologist study to figure out they are not taking over certain areas?

And if you disagree please enlighten me how much longer until hogs take over my ranch. If it doesn't happen in another 1,5,10 or 20 years..when would you start to listen? Apparently I along with all the State Park employees are either liars or blind. You can go talk to the Park guys. See how long they've worked there and see how many more hogs they have now versus 5,10,14, 20 years ago. You can then choose to not believe them either if you want. And they have over 5,000 acres barely hunted during deer season.
                    Last edited by RiverRat1; 05-22-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I like having pigs to hunt and eat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir, they have started to get up here in my St. Augustin right around the house. I am fixing to eat some pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          Same thing in my backyard in Corsicana. Makes for tuff mowing conditions.
                          Same here. They seem to hit it a few times and then don't touch it for months and months.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            We all know that is the answer, its a waiting game now.
                            Yep. Hurry up and test it and let's get this process going.

Comment

Grab your bow and make the best blind on the swing set

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                                I like having pigs to hunt and eat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                Says the one who’s property isn’t being destroyed...

Comment

Working...
                                X