A local high school is on lock down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A local high school is on lock down

Connally high school (north of Waco) has been on lock down since about 9am this morning. At first it was reported this was just a drill, but sources tell me that it was never a drill. Apparently there was a threat that was actually deemed to be real. The local police and school district police are involved and have been for most of the day.

Lets hope your sources are wrong and it IS a drill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
      Lets hope your sources are wrong and it IS a drill.
      I agree 100%.

However, one source works at the district and has been in contact with school district administration and the other source works with a city police scanner next to him so they are pretty reliable sources.

Comment

Any info on what the threat is?

Comment

Sounds like they got intel and acting accordingly. I would imagine there is a high police presence to prevent whatever the threat is and once the threat is no longer at large it will go back to business as usual

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Sounds like they got intel and acting accordingly. I would imagine there is a high police presence to prevent whatever the threat is and once the threat is no longer at large it will go back to business as usual

This sounds like an accurate description of what is going on. Beyond what I have said, no one that I know has any more info, or they aren’t telling me everything.

Comment

It's a shame we are to the point schools have to be put in Lock Down mode.

I know my kids school have been put on lock down because the Police were searching the surrounding area for bank robber suspects.

Comment

Well, there are 2 other schools on the same block as the high school and they were not on lockdown. There was an increased police presence at the high school and in the surrounding area this afternoon.

Comment

So what was the final outcome, did everyone leave the campus this evening?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                    So what was the final outcome, did everyone leave the campus this evening?
                    As far as I know, yes. Hopefully in the days to come I’ll find out more about what happened.

Comment

So a month after the lockdown I finally heard what had happened.

A student at a local high school(not in this school district) took a break up with his girlfriend(who goes to school in my district) really hard. He told a few people that the next day he was going to go to her school, find her, kill her, and then go out in a blaze of “glory”. By the time this info got to the police, it was already the next day. He did not show up to school and no one could find him. Because of this, our high school campus was on lockdown for just about the entire day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        So a month after the lockdown I finally heard what had happened.

A student at a local high school(not in this school district) took a break up with his girlfriend(who goes to school in my district) really hard. He told a few people that the next day he was going to go to her school, find her, kill her, and then go out in a blaze of “glory”. By the time this info got to the police, it was already the next day. He did not show up to school and no one could find him. Because of this, our high school campus was on lockdown for just about the entire day.
                        Did they ever question the guy?

Comment

Last edited by Easttxbowman; 05-21-2018, 04:28 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            Did they ever question the guy?
                            I’m sure he got a free ride in the back of a car to be questioned.

Comment

Working...
                            X