• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
    All vehicles lose value, they are not assets they are a liability
    Not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
      You don't know much about jeep values
      Assets make you money.....owning a jeep will cost you money every time so they are definitely a liability.

Comment

here's a lease ride if someone is looking

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
          Assets make you money.....owning a jeep will cost you money every time so they are definitely a liability.
          Thank you

Comment

Thank you
            True, but Jerry you said all vehicles.

Comment

If you get one of the new Dodge Jeeps, they lose about 50% of their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. Been there.

Comment

All vehicles lose value, they are not assets they are a liability
                Don't tell my 76 ford bronco that you'll hurt her feelings I paid 4500 for it and could easily get 15000 for it now

Comment

Bought a brand new jeep in 2014 from dealership A (got a great price on it). Drove it for a year, missed my truck too bad and went to trade it in. Dealership B gave me $600 more for trade in than what I originally bought the jeep for from Dealership A.

Didnt make any sense to me, but I took the money............

Comment

Probably the best way to buy a Jeep is used off a non-Jeep dealership's trade in lot.

We drove one for basically free for two years like that - bought a 2012 with about 15K miles on it and then sold it for what we paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                      I've got a 1946 willys cj2a that will. Where will that side by side be in 71 years?
                      I will be 129 then so frankly I don't give a ****,

Comment

Depends on your definition of asset... For all intents of the every day consumer an asset is anything you own that can fetch a certain dollar value if you were to sell it. Cars are an asset, but are a liability when you have a vehicle loan to pay for them. It is possible that your liability outweighs the asset, but that vehicle doesn’t stop being an asset.

Now, if you’re speaking in Dave Ramsey terms, a vehicle is an expense, not an investment. I believe that to be true for 99% of vehicle’s. Even if you can see an increase in value, it will come with an increased cost of keeping that vehicle in proper working order.
                        Last edited by popup_menace; 02-12-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Been looking for a year they sell all day long for more then the blue book value, if a lift and tires even more $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                            Depends on your definition of asset... For all intents of the every day consumer an asset is anything you own that can fetch a certain dollar value if you were to sell it. Cars are an asset, but are a liability when you have a vehicle loan to pay for them. It is possible that your liability outweighs the asset, but that vehicle doesn’t stop being an asset
                            A jeep will never be an asset for most people. They cost you money from day 1 and never make you any. Most people will sell them to stop the bleeding waaaay before they ever make any money using it. You can buy it and sell it for the same price and you still lost money and just the fuel cost never mind the up keep.

If its not making you money its a liability.

If you used it as a guide and owned it for 20 years maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Rat View Post
                              Been looking for a year they sell all day long for more then the blue book value, if a lift and tires even more $$$$
                              Yep there is a sucker born everyday. Never ever pay over book for a jeep just bc its lifted with big tires. If it was done wrong you will just need to dig deeper in those pockets.

IF it was done right and they have papers to prove the build then there is added value back but not at 100% the value of those upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
                                If you get one of the new Dodge Jeeps, they lose about 50% of their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. Been there.
                                I'll be honest, it seems the newer Jeeps do lack in reliability factor. My dad has a 2015 Sahara that's at the dealer right now getting a new rear end due to a factory defect. His mobile mechanical pointed out some of the seals were leaking when performing routine maintenance. His Jeep is all stock, has like 45K miles on it, 99% highway use, no extensive off road anything, etc.

It also had an ignition problem early on. Been to the dealer at least 3 times for non-routine maintenance. Everything has been under warranty, but still not all that impressive for a 3 year old, lightly used Jeep.

Comment

Working...
                                X