Best factory .204 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best factory .204 ?

I have a buddy interested in getting a .204 Ruger for varmits. What is the best factory .204 in the $700 or less price range and why? I may talk him into a .22-250 instead but he is very interested in a .204

Howa Ranchland is a good rifle for the money. Good enough for shootin varmints.

Comment

^^^

Comment

I have this one

It is my favorite rifle at the moment. The prairie dogs, coyotes, and pigs on the other hand hate it.

Recently swapped to fiochii 40 gr vmax load for that last trip and it will stack em on top of each other. I screwed up a 1.5 inch 5 shot 300 yard group with a round I pulled to still make a 2.5 inch group. Nothing crazy but for a factory rifle and barrel with factory ammo I am very happy with it. Also the set trigger on these czs is very nice.

As for why this particular rifle, it has been very accurate for me. The set trigger is the best factory trigger I have ever shot, it looks good, long enough barrel to get the velocity you need, bull barrel to help keep heat down, it's a CZ so fit and finish on it is extremely nice.

And I would stick with .204, there is nothing like being able to see your hits through the scope, and it has killed everything I have shot at thus far a bunch of pdogs, marmots, 2 yotes, and one big sow that got a lead headache.
        Last edited by westtexducks; 05-10-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

another vote for the CZ... I set trigger is awesome.

Comment

x 3 for the CZ

great value on a rifle that shoots bugholes

Comment

another vote for the CZ.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462910037.970164.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	24444020

Here's a three shot group at 400 with my Remington XR100 single shot. Good hand loads and pretty much zero wind. Jewell trigger at 8 oz and an 8x32 Nightforce. I will say when the wind picks up, all bets are off! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it looks like I'll definitely recommend him the CZ. That is also a very impressive 400 yard group Dave.

Comment

I've got a Remington in 204 ruger. Fun/deadly round. I have not priced used guns in a long time but if he wants to make an offer he's more than welcomed. It's got approx 150 rounds through it.

Comment

Savage Model 10.....heavy barrel, accu-trigger and smokin hott. If you miss it's you not the rifle. I have it in the 204 and it's lights out.

Comment

Cant brag enough about the 204, I have a Thompson Center with a bull barrel single shot and it is a one of a kind tack driver! I shoot the OTC Hornady 40 grain V-MAX and they are running well through my rig!

Comment

Ruger American predator makes one. Then he can use the rest of the money to upgrade the scope.

Comment

I too have a CZ 527 varmint with the heavy barrel. Lots of features for the $$ and very accurate. The 204 is probably my top 2 or 3 most fun rounds I own!

Comment

Working...
                              X