Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken tailbone...best seat for tree stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken tailbone...best seat for tree stand?

I broke my tailbone almost two years ago and it still gives me problems. I realized this last season that I desperately need to alter my tree stand and come up with a better seat. I have a regular two person ladder stand but am considering getting a new one.
    Anyone been in this situation before?

Those 2 person ladders with the narrow bench are the most uncomfortable thing I have ever hunted.

Get a Millennium or something comparable. If a climber is an option then its hard to beat a summit viper for comfort.

Comment

Millennium is probably you best option.

Comment

Broke my tailbone 23 years ago.... still hurts when sitting too long. Good luck finding a better way to sit.

Comment

I dont have a broken tailbone but I put an Igloo icechest cushion on a two man ladder stand. 1000% better.

Comment

Look in to the tree lounge climer

It's what I'm gonna get when I'm not limber enough for my summit

Comment

When I used to hunt out of ladder stands a lot, I bought the fold-up stadium seat chairs and zip tied them to the expanded metal on the seat platform.

It works, but I have swapped out all of my ladder stands to the muddy outdoors ones with the soft seats. I can sit in those things for a full day and be comfortable....but I don't have a broken tailbone either.

Comment

whatever you go with also add a Fatboy Seat Cushion. They are comfy.

Comment

I broke mine years ago. Doc said if it didn't heal right it would bother me the rest of my life or he would have to take it out. Mine heeled up right I guess because it doesn't bother me. Maybe you should go back to the doctor and ask about taking it out.

As far as tree stand seats go, a bench seat out of a '74 Monte Carlo is pretty comfortable when you have tailbone issues. That's all I got.

Comment

Fat boy cushion is all you need. I don't sit hunt without one.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I've never used a fat boy cushion so I'll definitely look to buy one.

Comment

Working...
                      X