Meat Grinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Grinders

I'm looking for a descent meat grinder. Any recommendations? I will mainly be using it for my own venison. Ground meat and sausage.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the one from Northern Industrial that was recommended here several times...it has the attachments for stuffing, but all I grind is aged venison & works like a champ. Easy Cleanup & storage.

Comment

Got one from cabelas about 10 or 12 years ago, 1/2 HP I believe. Use it to grind deer and hogs and stuff sausage.
        Works great. It's the heavier metal kind gave about $250 for it then. Does 2 to 10 deer and 5 or 10 hogs a year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been using the .5 HP from LEM for 6 or 7 years. Works well. 5 to 7 deer per year.

Comment

Depends on if you want one for a cheaper price but will probably last 5-7 years or one that is more expensive but will last a lifetime.

Comment

I've got a Cabelas brand 3/4 hp no 12. Believe they are made by LEM or atleast used to be. It's 12 years old and has ground up a ton of meat. Only thing I've replaced are new blades.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Cabellas No. 22 and it is a beast. I do all my own processing and it has worked flawlessly and makes quick work out of a lot of meat.

Comment

Not a recommendation but this worked in a pinch last winter when my electric meat grinder died.
                  Ground 3 deer with this setup that day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've had a .35 hp LEM grinder for years and it's served me well for small jobs. I make around 2000 lbs of smoked sausage, summer sausage and snack sticks a year now, so I've outgrown it. Check out waltonsinc.com, they have a great selection. I've going to invest in their Weston #32 2hp grinder very soon.

Comment

I use the Cabela’s Carnivore 3/4 HP. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                        Not a recommendation but this worked in a pinch last winter when my electric meat grinder died.
                        Ground 3 deer with this setup that day.
                        I have done this once also, not too shabby!

Comment

I bought an LEM #8 Big Bite at Academy on sale. I usually harvest 2 deer per season and grind most of it. It's an awesome grinder but may be a bit more than I need but I got it if I need it!
                          You'll also want to purchase a really good vacuum sealer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you plan on buying one that will last for years I'd go with a Cabelas 1/2 HP grinder. Its a heavy built machine that will last years if taken care of. I had several of the cheaper $70-$100 grinders that went out after a year or two of use.

Comment

I have a cabelas 1hp and haven't had any issues with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X