Quaylitos First Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quaylitos First Deer

Its a rifle hunt, but its a proud day for Dad, Quay has been practicing and his accuracy improved leaps and bounds as he grew to fit the youth model stock.

It was time to let the young fella have chance to shoot a live target and he did great.

We also had a chance to let his younger brother Reed have a chance. Reed needs to get a touch bigger but his 22 shooting is coming along nicely and it won't be long.

This video is a big longer than normal but that is to to wanting to save the conversations and family memories. You'll just have to bear with me...

Happy Hunting

in the words of SCI, hunt WITH your kids, not for them. Putting that mindset into practice getting my oldest of three boys out into the woods. Our first grad...

That is an awesome video. Young kid put'em down. Congrats

Comment

great video, those littleones will cherish that for a lifetime

Comment

that's a great time with the kids. They will REMENBER THAT FOR A LIFE TIME.

GOOD JOB DAD

Comment

That's what it is all about. Sharing the outdoors with youngsters and building memories. Travis what caliber gun are they shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

interesting side note on that, in Feb 2016 Quay's grand parents got him a 223 Ruger American Youth model. we practiced and as Quay grew into he was shooting a little better.

I got each kiddo a box of Monarch Soft point ammo for Christmas. Quay couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 100 yards so I was going to make him wait until next season.

Cheap Ammo = Another Dad-Of-The-Year Nomination

Then I decided to try and I also couldn't get a group. Luckily we had Kim's Savage 243 youth model, also a gift from the father-in-law some 9 years previously. Quay tried that out and was center punch targets.

Off we went and he is on a roll! His birthday is next week and he will get a some better ammo along with some spurs tickets. Will me my first spurs game since I saw Dennis Rodman play in the Alamo Dome!

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
            That's what it is all about. Sharing the outdoors with youngsters and building memories. Travis what caliber gun are they shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Loved the video! Great video as always. Congrats to you and him!

Comment

What kind of gun did your son shoot the does with? Also, what kind of suppressor is on that gun?

Comment

Man Travis, that's a good one! Enjoyed it my friend. Great footage and good stuff! Congrats to your kiddos!

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                    What kind of gun did your son shoot the does with? Also, what kind of suppressor is on that gun?
                    Quay was shooting a Savage .243 youth model (model 110 i think) and we had a AAC Cyclone on the end

Comment

That was so cool to watch. Having raised two boys myself it meant a lot to see you work with your sons and to see the excitement on their faces as they finally got to shoot at something. You are doing it right. It's gonna be fun watching them grow up through your videos. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great video.

Comment

Good to see the little hellions getting it done. I think my favorite part is when Reed wants to go look for his jave. Good work Travis and boys!

Comment

Outstanding video! Made me smile

Comment

Working...
                            X