Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roundup/Gly Alternative - Vinegar & Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roundup/Gly Alternative - Vinegar & Water?

Anyone ever tried spraying with vinegar and water? I read somewhere that it works well and kills in about 7 days. It goes on to say nothing will ever grow where you spray. I'm not sure if that means that what you spray won't come back, or literally nothing will grow here (as in a planted food plot), maybe because it damages the soil or something?

Vinegar, orange oil, dish soap. Don't add water because it dilutes the vinegar. Works best when the sun is high and hot. It is lethal on dandelions.

Comment

I use it in my garden. Don't use the 5% vinegar. Got to use the 20% and orange oil for a good kill....although I have diluted down to about 15% and still gotten a decent kill. Not true that stuff won't grow back there. Takes a while but weeds absolutely will grow back in that spot.

It really just chemically burns the weeds and doesn't root kill them so some tough weeds may not die completely.

It's expensive and not cost effective at all for food plots. Unless you like spending many hundreds of dollars an acre. :-)
      Last edited by unclefish; 04-25-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm obviously completely unfamiliar with the price of vinegar, and just assumed it might be cheaper (guess that's why I shouldn't assume!)

Comment

Working...
        X