G.W. Flanagan Bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G.W. Flanagan Bows?

Mr. Flanagan's bows seem to always be is the buckles at shoots and Mr. Shilo Butts won the IBO World and Texas Longbow Championships with one. I am surprised there is not much said on here about Flanagan bows or questions about where to get one.
    Does anyone in Texas shoot a Flanagan besides me?

I have one of his 3 piece recurves. He makes very nice bows. Most people don't know him because he doesn't advertise and not on the internet.

Comment

Another good reason to attend a trad 3D shoot in Stratford, OK.

Besides a great bunch of people putting on a great shoot, Mr. Flanagan is usually there with some bows to try/buy.

Comment

G.W. makes some fine bows, for sure. Shiloh could win with just about any bow you put in his hands..........he is just that good!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          G.W. makes some fine bows, for sure. Shiloh could win with just about any bow you put in his hands..........he is just that good!

Bisch
          True. Just saw I have been miss spelling Shiloh's name. My apologies MedicineMan7. I have a lot of correcting to do.

Comment

I am a big fan of GW and his bows. You will not meet a nicer guy. He is a pretty salty shot too!!

Comment

G W is a true artist, never owned one but I resist buying one every time I Drive up I35.

Comment

I have one that I bought used and like it a lot!
                I actually contacted Mr. Flanagan a few weeks ago to possibly purchase a bow. After he (actually his wife) sent me photos of a newly crafted one I decided that I'd take the plunge. Anyway, he asked if I could drive over to his place to pick it up Mr. Flanagan really doesn't want to mess with mailing any bows Since I live in Austin, Texas....I explained that I probably wasn't going to be stopping by anytime soon. LOL!!! I don't think he has much trouble selling his lovely crafted products at the "local" shoots that he attends. I also agree that from the couple of phone conversations with him....he seems to be a nice gentleman.

Comment

I've heard of him several times, but I have never shot one of his bows before.

Comment

I've been very fortunate to get to know GW over the last few years and even luckier to have gotten ahold of a couple of his bows. I talk to him several times a week and as mentioned by others, you'll never find a nicer or more down to earth fellow in the world. I've adopted him and his lovely wife Erma as grandparents pretty much (I know, its supposed to be the other way around on the adopting part but I couldn't wait any longer ).
                    His bows are works of art and I've told him repeatedly, if he ever builds one he considers to be ugly, I want it because it would be the ONLY one out there!

Comment

My wife and I both shoot GW bows. I had a nice visit with him a week ago. He told me that since MedicineMan7 won the IBO his phone is ringing off the hook. He's proud of you Shiloh! He was really wanting to slow down a bit. The good Lord has bless GW with great artistic ability. I'l proud to call him My friend. DG

Comment

Nice bows... I got to shoot Mr Bolton's Flanagan LB a couple weeks ago and I will say it shot as well as it looked.

Comment

Originally posted by n8vtxn1 View Post
                          My wife and I both shoot GW bows. I had a nice visit with him a week ago. He told me that since MedicineMan7 won the IBO his phone is ringing off the hook. He's proud of you Shiloh! He was really wanting to slow down a bit. The good Lord has bless GW with great artistic ability. I'l proud to call him My friend. DG
                          Mr. Flanagan is definitely proud of and in my opinion justifiable so of Shiloh's accomplishments with his bows!! His voice literally "glowed" as he spoke of Shiloh to me on the phone. I don't know Mr. Butts, but I reached out to him recently with some archery questions; and I'll tell you that my impression of him is "top notch"!!! Shiloh, was very kind, thoughtful, positive, funny, and humble in his thorough and very helpful responses!!! It is so refreshing to have a down to earth champion representing our sport/lifestyle so well!!!
                          IMO Mr. Flanagan deserves the recognition that he is receiving; and he couldn't have a better "PR" person representing his craftsmanship than Shiloh Butts!

Comment

I have a few my kids and wife does aswell very great shooting bow and a work of art

Comment

I had an extra Tall Tines bow laying around that I offered for sale or trade. A young man contacted me and wanted to trade his Flanagan bow. I had never heard of them but after about a half hour of haggling we made the trade. It gives me confidence to read this thread. I should see the bow early next week as it only has to come from Oklahoma.

Comment

Working...
                              X