Getting it all figured out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting it all figured out

I have heard about, and read about using public hunting area, but having neither the time or the chance (always had a family member or friend with some land somewhere), no one in the family used public hunting land. I will be in the Georgetown area, and have been reading the Lake Georgetown threads. I honestly would rather go for the littler stuff, the pests(possum, raccoon, crows), with an airgun or compound. I know that an airgun cant take a game animal, but don't know where to start looking at the rules and stuff around hunting on public land. Can someone show me what I am missing in finding this information?

Start here: google Corps of Engineers Lake Georgetown. That should pull up the lake georgetown site. Then go to the Recreation -> hunting section.
    It should have something like swf-wc.usace.army.mil/georgetown/Recreation/Hunting.asp
    You can contact the lake georgetown office at 512-930-2283.

I suggest before ever going out to US Army Corps of Engineer lands that you call and talk to a ranger or someone that is involved in the hunting program. I know the game warden helped "talk" to 3 kids that were hunting illegally at Georgetown a couple of weeks ago. They had public land stamps and all that, but hadn't called to check with the georgetown office about what it took to hunt at Lake Georgetown. To hunt you have to have a Small Game Permit (good for dove, waterfowl, rabbits, squirrel) or the Archery Deer Permit - and both are issued thru the lake georgetown office.

Comment

Working...
    X