No announcement yet.

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was another good day. I Rode a section today that I'd never explored before. Came right up on 3 separate does within 15-20 yards before they spooked. I stopped at one and we had a staring contest for about 1 minute before she took off.
    So far everyone has looked sleek and well fed and in good shape.
    This section also had an intriguing pond on it that just looked "fishy". And surrounding the pond had the most deer sign I've ever seen in one section out here......it was way cool.

My time out here will be rather sporadic from now on thru the summer-at least till it's time for preseason scouting. It's getting even too warm to sleep at night even with a good breeze coming off a lake.

I am leaving on a trip out of the country at the end of June for 3 1/2 weeks. And when I get back I have a fishing trip to Arkansas, Oklahoma and Minnesota to do also.

Retirement has been a good thing.

Comment

Great report Pat! Enjoy life! And let us know how the fishing goes when you get back. I'll be looking forward to all of your reports.

Comment

Glad to hear the deer are looking good. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

I recently got a job in Denton and moved to a house that is very close to LBJ Grasslands, im assuming from reading this thread that LBJ is legit public hunting and you don't need to draw a tag to hunt there? sorry for the stupid question

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
            I recently got a job in Denton and moved to a house that is very close to LBJ Grasslands, im assuming from reading this thread that LBJ is legit public hunting and you don't need to draw a tag to hunt there? sorry for the stupid question

Just need a hunting license and hunters safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
              Just need a hunting license and hunters safety

10-4 my only concern is the traffic during the season? I’ve never hunted public land, I’ve hunted private land all my life and really have no clue where to start

Comment

10-4 my only concern is the traffic during the season? I’ve never hunted public land, I’ve hunted private land all my life and really have no clue where to start

Just go scout. There's definitely hunters but nothing I'd be concerned about. If you don't mind a short hike you can get away from 90% of them. Killed my first 2 archery deer out there 2 seasons ago. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check in with me closer to season

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                    Check in with me closer to season

Will do , appreciate the offer

Comment

Working...
                    X