25-06 or 257 Weatherby Mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25-06 or 257 Weatherby Mag?

Trying to decide on a "do it all" rifle and I've dwindled it down to the 2. Which one and why?

25-06

Much cheaper to shoot

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      25-06

Much cheaper to shoot
      Would it change your mind if I said I was looking at your Weatherby real hard? Lol

Comment

If you reload 257 if not 25/06

Comment

Do all Texas, or do all U.S.? If only Texas critters the 06 will cover it, but if chasing other stuff the mag.

Comment

Originally posted by BtechDestroyer View Post
            Would it change your mind if I said I was looking at your Weatherby real hard? Lol
            That is a absolute beauty! .257 WBY is a beast, but not cheap to shoot. That being said I would buy it in a min if I had the funds free

Comment

25-06 maybe more practical for most purposes, but the magnum has always intrigued me. I'm a quarter-bore fan.

Comment

Both are great...if you are gonna shoot past 300 on regular occasion, then you already know.

Comment

25/06 ammo and brass is cheaper. Weatherby ammo and brass is high. If you reload you can make brass from 7mm rem mag brass

Comment

257 Wby in an S2. You'll never have to look back.

It's a lazer.

Comment

Originally posted by BtechDestroyer View Post
                      Well that one comes with some ammo hahaha

Honestly just depends on if factory ammo cost matters to you. Both are great calibers.

Comment

I bought a 25-06 Marlin for cheap several years ago and I've been really impressed with it. Easy shooter, very accurate, and takes the fight out of deer QUICK.

Comment

I have a .257 but think my 6.5-300 could do it all

Comment

Have 2 weatherbys. Vanguard and an s2. Ammo is high but worth it. If you reload even better. We shoot 100 grains at big so tx whitetail and have no problems. They hit hard. Lots of shock. I have never heard anyone complain that uses them on performance.

Comment

I would Build a 264 win mag. Before I built a 257 Weatherby. Better bullet option in the 6.5. Class. But if it was either a 257 or 25-06. I would do a 25-06. brass is more readily available!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X