Sight housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight housing

I upgraded my son to one of my DNA’s so I got my Arena 30 back & was shooting it today. I’ve got all my yardage marks out to 70yrds but at 80 the pin is covering to much of the target for me to get a good enough group to make my mark. I have a .019 pin on it now, I have a .010 sight housing. If I replace the housing with the smaller pin would it mess my makes yardage marks up I have now?? I don’t think it would. But I’ve been working on this for about a week now. I only shoot a couple of times each time so I very comfortable with my marks. So I don’t want to mess up a weeks work of shooting changing out to housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 yards is a looooong way out !

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
      80 yards is a looooong way out !

Yes sir it is!!! But it’s SURE FUN shooting that distance. I think I’ll be able to get a 100yrd mark on my tape. I’ve been shooting at 80 quite often trying to my mark & I decided to go back to 20 just to see. 1st dead center 2nd shot busted the nock off the 1st arrow. It sure made the shots at 20,30 & 40 a breeze!!

Comment

I don't have an answer to your question but I run a 3 pin .010 . I shoot out to 80 everytime I practice. It makes a big difference with the small pins . Shooting long range makes regular hunting distances a chip shot..

Comment

If you're replacing the whole housing, and it bolts into specific drilled holes on the sight rail (or vise versa), it should be ok... but if it's slotted I wouldnt trust it. (Does that make sense?)

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will you be able to see that .010 pin in low light conditions while hunting?

Comment

I got it. Just a simple switch & rechecked at 20 minor adjustment made & now I got my 80yrd mark. Will be work g in the 90yrd mark later.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                Will you be able to see that .010 pin in low light conditions while hunting?

Yes sir. I’ve got a light for that.

Comment

I've never needed a light for mine.. the .019 is so bright it causes star burst for me making it impossible to see at low light

Comment

Working...
                  X